Barclaycard

Piggysniffer

Yes mate, credit card, I just have not got another 430 quid to throw at another mapper, can't get hold of the guy did mine, cars running shi-te, wanna try and get it back so I have the money to go to engine tuner and have them map it, or at least have a look at it to maybe see what's up

Sales of goods and services act applies to you. Charge back is easy enough but could involve sending recorded letters and what not. Should be simple. Part of the clause is you have to give the service provider time and opportunity to correct what is wrong. Major headache in your situation.

This all started on Friday 5th August (that's also when I text him and told him what's happening and sent screen shots of romraider with all the bad news) the afternoon of the day of mapping, I've put up with this shi-t for a month now, that's just not on, it's my daily driver, oddly enough, these last two days it rained the car ran fine for those two wet days ??? Wtf is that all about

15 hours ago, Scoobyghost said:

Sounds like you have an underlying issue rather than a mapping problem.

Chargeback applies to both debit and credit cards.

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/advice/how-do-i-use-chargeback

Could be an underlying issue mate, and I will be the first person to say if it is anything I've done or anything other than the map, but the car was not doing this when it went in is all I can say, I just would have liked some help from him as I have no idea what he's done or where to start looking, I'm just chasing my tail thinking it could be this or that

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Scoobyghost said:

We've all never had that issue of a car running **** one day fine the next only for a few weeks later a sensor to fail?...

These things happen. Best to rule it all out before throwing mud.

No mud thrown from this direction, not once have I said anything nasty or hurtful or even agreed with other people's views that may be considered mud slinging, 5 years ago this car would have been driven through the front of wherever he was residing, violence and prison would have then ensued again, regardless of blame, but a lot of things have changed in my life so I am taking a much calmer route, I am also telling it as it is with no extras or anything taken away, this is my experience and that's that really 👍it has, new crank sensor, new maf, new front o2, new throttle body, new electric throttle pedal, new pcv, new intake hose, new 3port boost solenoid, new turbo actuator, new knock sensor, new fuel pump, new air filter, new plugs, new oil, new timing belt kit, etc etc, a lot of that was put in to try and eradicate a massive buckaroo problem as it came into boost, Duncan fixed that with the new map, gave me lots more power when it's going right but I have inherited massive low down issues where it goes into limp mode nearly every drive, if you can help me fix it scoobs I will love you forever and a day !!

Edit:- jeebus, maybe the violence thing woulda been 10 years ago lol, don't time fly, forgot how old I am for a moment there 😳

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Beano_wrx said:

I had a problem with my car getting cut after mapping.   Spoke to mapper and he suggested crank sensor.  Changed and all fine. 

Some sensors can't handle the extra load put on them as you dnt knw how old they are.   

Might try last ditch attempt and change camshaft sensors mate, can't think what else it can be if not those 

We've all never had that issue of a car running **** one day fine the next only for a few weeks later a sensor to fail?...

These things happen. Best to rule it all out before throwing mud.

No mud thrown from this direction, not once have I said anything nasty or hurtful or even agreed with other people's views that may be considered mud slinging, 5 years ago this car would have been driven through the front of wherever he was residing, violence and prison would have then ensued again, regardless of blame, but a lot of things have changed in my life so I am taking a much calmer route, I am also telling it as it is with no extras or anything taken away, this is my experience and that's that really 👍it has, new crank sensor, new maf, new front o2, new throttle body, new electric throttle pedal, new pcv, new intake hose, new 3port boost solenoid, new turbo actuator, new knock sensor, new fuel pump, new air filter, new plugs, new oil, new timing belt kit, etc etc, a lot of that was put in to try and eradicate a massive buckaroo problem as it came into boost, Duncan fixed that with the new map, gave me lots more power when it's going right but I have inherited massive low down issues where it goes into limp mode nearly every drive, if you can help me fix it scoobs I will love you forever and a day !!

You're going everything right. You could start a paper trail for future security and voice your concerns with a letter recorded delivery to Duncan's business address. That way he should take things a little more seriously. Helps if it gets to a stage he refuses to help. He mapped mine. Fixed an issue and it's been smiles ever since.