Probably XV DOA

Tidgy

So dads 18 month old XV looks like its going to be written off, car ploughed into the back of mum and dad on the m40 yesterday morning. Both ok, although mum's tweaked her back. cars not so lucky. Impact was from behind and shoved them into the central reservation, looks like enough damage to buckle the bottom of both A pillars :(

8 hours ago, Dogconker said:

Oh dear, you've not thought of buying your back and repairing it then?

no mate, repair will was 14k and we noticed that was a load of bits and work missed off so just not worth it. Also dont think it would ever be right given the hit it had

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tidgy said:

no mate, repair will was 14k and we noticed that was a load of bits and work missed off so just not worth it. Also dont think it would ever be right given the hit it had

Wow! 14k repair, did a proper job on it then? I can see why you didn't go for the bit back option then. Well hopefully the new one will not suffer a similar fate.  

Its pretty easy to run up a steep bill to be fair. I had a Ford Ka run into the back of mine at about 35mph, only looked like it scuffed the bumper, but by the time they'd replacer the rear cross member and put a new exhaust back box on and bumper etc, bill came to £2800. Still at least I got to drive mine home, the girl that hit my car looked like she'd been through a scrapper, bonnet was half way up the windscreen and the doors stuck up above the roof. My wife was driving my car at the time so she just took details and left her by the roadside sorting recovery. 

Good luck with the new one, you'll have to pop a few photos up let us know what she looks like

So new one was ordered wednesday, The new blue isn;t very nice, more like polestar volvo blue, so this time he having a dark blue one, Almost DMB from the old classics. Be a few weeks till he gets it but heres some pics of his sorry looking old one :(

Back didnt look too bad externaly, but boot was creased,

WP_000026_zpso0yjqkkl.jpg

Front end wasnt so good, front right corner was a proper mess.

WP_000027_zpsi0gzije8.jpg

On 05/03/2017 at 3:36 PM, Tidgy said:

On 10/03/2017 at 10:20 PM, Tidgy said:

So new one was ordered wednesday, The new blue isn;t very nice, more like polestar volvo blue, so this time he having a dark blue one, Almost DMB from the old classics. Be a few weeks till he gets it but heres some pics of his sorry looking old one :(

Back didnt look too bad externaly, but boot was creased,

WP_000026_zpso0yjqkkl.jpg

Front end wasnt so good, front right corner was a proper mess.

WP_000027_zpsi0gzije8.jpg

Yep, that looks proper dead 🤕

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...