Speedo bulb anyone tell me what it does?

cornish6544

So I'm changing a bulb that's gone on my speedo and I thought I'd check see if im missing any and turns out all the speedos I'm seeing online have a bulb where my finger is , does anyone know what this is for? 

IMG_7144.JPG

Probably nothing that relates the spec of your car, mine has holes for traction control diff overheat and something else but the only ones that are relevant have bulbs in them

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I thought that as there are a few missing bulbs i thought must have been for a different model but seeing pictures online the other impreza's seem to have this mystery bulb i will try the torch idea tomorrow and find out what is actually is.

bulldogs- mine has abs but no airbags

I can't remember if my v3 uk turbo had bulbs in that position but it did have abs and a air bag light .

My v1 94 sti doesn't have air bags or abs and here's a pic of the back of the clocks

00abbd39207dadda96cef228db4117e8.jpg

Hasn't got bulb holders in those positions either , so it might be air bag light ?

The dccd models use the grey bit in the middle of our clocks to show diff position ,maybe they use the ones your on about too ?