Gearbox help

Swino

Anybody close to Nottingham fancy coming to help lift my gearbox back into my car old one is out and new clutch is mounted just impossible to do it on my own and been let down by a friend any help would be much appreciated :)

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

If you were closer I'd have give you a hand . I have done 5 speeds on my own but it's much easier with a hand . Probably too late now ,as this was posted 2 days ago but I find it a bit easier to locate the idle shaft into the clutch if you tilt the engine slightly by jacking the front of the engine with a block of wood on the headers or front pulley.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

It is back in now and car back on the road thanks for the offer tho it went back in really easy on my own I've done 5 speed and a 6 speed with a friend and they been right pains to do but thankfully it went really easy this time :) if only it could always be a easy job

So after driving the car abit at 1st the gears crunched but after oil got around that's stopped changes gear perfect but there is a really loud noise coming from the gearbox right under the gear stick like a grinding noise don't hear it in 1st or 2nd when pulling off but once up to speed can hear it over my blitz nur spec if I take it out of gear while rolling it goes away any ideas what this could be? Thanks

I just had a similar sound with mine that disappeared out of gear. I had my gearbox reconditioned and it turned out to be the tail shaft bearing. Hope yours is a simple and cheap fix, but does sound like a bearing of some type.

After some research looks like it might that or centre diff only got the box in couple days ago and was assured when I brought it it was good hope I can sort it without taking it back out of you don't mind how much was it to get your box reconditioned and what parts were replaced?

It was £200 to take gearbox out and then put back in, gearbox was sent off reconditioned and sent back for £595. Not too bad, just wish it hadn't needed to be done. But what a difference. I think most of my box was as good as new except the tail-shaft bearing that was replaced. If yours needs more then price could go up. I did think about getting a secondhand one, but I think the cost reflects that and I now have a 'good as new' gearbox.

I'm thinking about getting the gearbox I took out my car recondition I know the synchro are gone in it as it crunches in every gear but it's already out the car and as you say it would be as good as new might have to ring round

I considered second hand but by the time you add possible risk and failures I decided to keep my own. The report from the builder was good apart from those parts replaced.

Company is called East London Transmission if you wanted to speak to them. Chaps called Dave. Top bloke.