Binned it. Need New Tyres.

Eloise

I may have spun out in my forester and I may have f***ed alloy and tyres. No actual damage to steering ect though because I'm a lucky gal.

Recently had front near side changed to Bridgestone Turanza and planned to swap all rest to match end of Jan as they had maybe 2000 miles left and I do about 17,000 per year.

However because of this incident I quickly rushed to get new tyres, (probably more psychological than actual need) They only had falken so they put on ZE914. I wasn't expecting that to be honest. Are these any good for our roads? I'd heard they were made for Australian roads. No idea if that's accurate or not.

btw, i'm sure you don't need reminding that you should'nt have unmatched tyres on either axle...

4x4 really love same tyre/equal tread all round if poss...

**assume you put the bridgestone in as a spare and now have 4 falkens ?

:smile:

I have two Falkens on the back and have cracks on the inside wall of the two tyres.Also have prada spec 2 on the front which are surposed to be rubbish in the wet.Ive never seen problems with hankooks either. I’m very thorough with tyres at work when doing a service.we have a limit of 3mm then we let the customer no that there getting low

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, shms said:

btw, i'm sure you don't need reminding that you should'nt have unmatched tyres on either axle...

4x4 really love same tyre/equal tread all round if poss...

**assume you put the bridgestone in as a spare and now have 4 falkens ?

:smile:

+1 on this, rolling circumference needs be closely matched or you can get transmission noise at best or serious damage at worse,

differing tyres also gives differing grip which can unbalance cars handling .

Probably have at least 3 cars a week that get tyre issues mentioned on job sheet as a serious concern and maybe 1 a month that issue of noise or transmission binding down to mismatched tyres in make model wear pressures etc .

Hankook do some top class tyres but not broadest covering . Falken should be fine . Bridgestones one of worst for age cracking .

I've always fitted Michelin tyres to everything I've ever driven and when I'm asked to replace tyres for customers I always fit Michelin, unless specifically asked to fit something else. I've always found them to be the best grippers and although they're not cheap they don't compromise on safety in any way. I'm sure that other reputable makes like continental, Dunlop or Avon are as good, but I stick with what I KNOW works for me! As one customer said to me after I'd fitted 2 Michelins to the front of her Fiesta: "it now goes where I point it!"

My brother was in the Met for many years and there was an urban myth in the force (may even be true!) that when the new fleet of Škoda Octavia cars were delivered to the Met they came shod with continental tyres (V.W. influence) which were replaced with Michelins!