Best Coilovers For Classic STi

Morning all,

Couldn't find anything on search so posting the question for some real answers from experience users. Can anyone point me in the direction of some decent coilovers for a classic impreza? something reasonably priced like hsd, pedders etc. I want the ride to be softer and more absorbent, yet handle like a dream. I've heard from various threads that they dont have any coilovers that make the ride feel better, just harsher which i don't want. any suggestions?

I used to run elbaich pro springs beforehand but it didn't sit quite low enough . I like the current MeisterR zeta r's on my v1 sti , being 32 way adjustable they seem ideal set at 26 rear 24 front .

Only other coilovers I've had experience with on scoobs is tein streets , they had adjustable height but fixed damper . Far too harsh for road use imo .

B.c's on the v7 sti admittedly i only drove it 30 miles but set at 20 front n back they were quite crashy in comparison.

Think i paid just over £500 for the meisterR 's, including rear extenders and delivery but that was nearly 3yrs ago and i think they've gone up a bit in price now .894127f6ff0f989f8f0ec7cdb26d16bb.jpgd8a07fd578f80daa5c654d910a19f441.jpg

That's right bud, meister r's have gone up almost double the price. I'm leaning towards the HSD's as some have reported excellent ride quality and handling on them. Roughly around £650ish.

• 3 months later...
On 3/29/2018 at 4:09 PM, savage bulldogs said:

I used to run elbaich pro springs beforehand but it didn't sit quite low enough . I like the current MeisterR zeta r's on my v1 sti , being 32 way adjustable they seem ideal set at 26 rear 24 front .

Only other coilovers I've had experience with on scoobs is tein streets , they had adjustable height but fixed damper . Far too harsh for road use imo .

B.c's on the v7 sti admittedly i only drove it 30 miles but set at 20 front n back they were quite crashy in comparison.

Think i paid just over £500 for the meisterR 's, including rear extenders and delivery but that was nearly 3yrs ago and i think they've gone up a bit in price now .894127f6ff0f989f8f0ec7cdb26d16bb.jpgd8a07fd578f80daa5c654d910a19f441.jpg

What was the ride / handling quality line with the Eibach. had them all on previous "cheap" non sports orintated cars so difference was massive to handling. Not wanting to comprimise ride quality too much. thinking using them alon with an uprated 24mm rear ARB

I found the elbaich pro springs slightly softer in a straight line , they seemed soak up bumps and pot holes better than the standard v3 uk turbo springs .

Due to the progressive rate they gave less body roll in the corners as well but they lower a uk turbo or wrx about 30mm to roughly the standard height of a sti of the same year. So when my front top mounts and shocks gave up i bought the meister r's.

As it worked out about £200 more for the meister r's (at the time) compared to the price of new front shocks and group n top mounts .

Still got the elbaich pro springs if you do decide you want a set 

• 9 months later...