Recall

gemlp82

I’ve just been reading about this , a few guys on other forums have revived letters this week , I’ve still not received mine yet tho , looking it up on google , the srt202 recall was issued back in 2014 weird how it’s still ongoing , I’m slightly concerned I’ve not got a letter yet , I may have to call my local dealer 😕 

• Like 1

Argh that is a pain esp as it only takes ten mins! Mine got checked today it was fine. The man who worked there told me he brought my old subaru that I traded in with them. Its nice to know who has it now 😂

got the letter last week for my OB,,, had all brakes/discs/pads done recently and know it's ok but will still take it in and get it signed off..

Apparently it affects legacies more - it is the metal hoses that run to the rear of the car, where they come out from inside the car there is a protective shield that sometimes does not cover all of the metal piping leading to corrosion.

If it does need doing it means back axle off all interior out to replace the pipes - all day job

Chap at the Subaru garage reckoned they had done over 200 inspections and only found 1 that required changing but Subaru have been covering all the expenses

That's strange - I've bought my Forester new in December 2009 from a main dealer and haven't received any recall letter!  I'm also still at the address they had when I bought it.  Strange - got me worried now.

I'll be calling my dealer on Monday! I've looked at the D.V.L.A. recall notice and it's difficult to tell, with all the asterisks, if my Forester's affected or not. I, too, have not received a letter, but it's better to call and be safe, rather than sorry.