Clutch judder

Norrie

Was away with the caravan at the weekend and when monuvering the caravan back into its space at home you could smell the clutch. Anyway since then the clutch judders as you Lift the pedal. Now the car is only 2.5 years old with 60,000 Miles on it. Surely i shouldn’t be having trouble with the clutch at this age/mileage?

Anyone else had problems and do you think i will have any success with a warranty claim? And yes i know clutch linings are not covered but come on. I’ve also noticed that the belt tensioner is leaking oil.

Norrie.

isn't that good either, the older subarus do double that easily .

clutch judder on xv is a known issue, whether it dmf related over the actual clutch parts I not totally sure but few I dealt with had dmf and full clutch parts  .
Like most newer cars all the engineering expertise is in reduced component costs thus long term durability won't touch the cars from 90's and 2000's

oil leak should be easy get them do but they don't generally like recognise clutch issues .

All subaru clutches can judder, some do it a lot, others very little. But its accepted as a characteristic of the vehicle. Subaru will only replace the clutch if it is severe, I had this with mine after about 5000 miles, the main dealer advised living with it for awhile to see if it gets better or worse, it got a lot better. 

The dealer told of a guy who complained so mucb about some slight clutch Judder after 2 years that subaru eventually changed it hnder warranty, a year later and now out of warranty  he briught the car back with quite pronounced clutch judder.

My clutch is at 69,000 miles and I have been towing a train weight if 3400kg, I expect my clutch will have its life curtailed as a result. Have spoken to the dealer and been advised that a new clutch and dual mass flywheel cones out at £1800 for a diesel, best save my pocket money.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I’ve managed to cure the clutch judder. When towing the trailer that we have I dumped the clutch and floored the accelerator making the clutch slip for a few seconds and now no more judder.

12 minutes ago, Norrie said:

Well I’ve managed to cure the clutch judder. When towing the trailer that we have I dumped the clutch and floored the accelerator making the clutch slip for a few seconds and now no more judder.

I’ve noticed mine never shudders with the caravan on the back so there’s something to that