Suspension rattle

Norrie

My XV has developed a suspension rattle again and although no actual bush is completely away I am looking at replacing the D bushes on the anti roll bars as you can see they are wearing quite badly. My question is where is the best place to get them and should I go genuine? They look easy enough to do. The car is just under 3 years old but got 67000 Miles on it so not covered under warranty. The fronts were replaced under warranty during the summer but already wearing quite badly.

Thanks.

Norrie.

• Like 1

@Norrie,  I hope you get the car fixed OK but it's a little worrying as the failures you'r experiencing should not be occurring at that milage. It's the kind of thing I'd have expected back in the 70's rather than with a modern car. It sounds potentially like a "batch" failure of the parts at the time your car was produced although  that is little comfort to you.

• Like 1

same bushes used on at least 3 models from 2009 to 2018

I don't see many swaybar D bush issues, drop links common one and make nice clunking noises .

What you got realize with modern cars is all engineering skill is in minimal cost and material quality and have no intention of over engineering (spending) for easy 10yr lifespan .

Confirm what really causing the rattle before swapping parts, use oem or decent aftermarket .

• 1 month later...