06 STi Prodrive 450hp goal.

Hello all, been troubleshooting my overheating problems recently, looking like it might not be a head gasket issue afterall.

But if it is a headgasket issue i assume it will be a full rebuild which would be a few grand anyways, thus giving me an excuse to try and upgrade the engine while its out.

Car is at 330~ right now with stock internals, front mount, Re map, BOV and air filter.

To get me around 450hp would it be forged bottom end + bigger turbo? How much would that cost, just trying to get my head around it all.

Best bet, pick a tuner, tell em what your goals are get them to spec it up and price it. They will know what's best.

To get to 450 isn't gonna be cheap, is guess 15k ish. The list is gonna be pretty big,

Closed deck block conversion is advisable, Rods, Pistons, turbo, injectors, heads will prob need a refresh, aftermarket ecu is advisable, headers, exhaust, fuel pump, 3 port, may as well sack of secondary air system, sack tgv's, uprated clutch, etc etc etc

You can get 450 by strapping a big turbo to it, but if you want it to be reliable then it needs setting up right.

1 minute ago, Tidgy said:

Best bet, pick a tuner, tell em what your goals are get them to spec it up and price it. They will know what's best.

To get to 450 isn't gonna be cheap, is guess 15k ish. The list is gonna be pretty big,

Closed deck block conversion is advisable, Rods, Pistons, turbo, injectors, heads will prob need a refresh, aftermarket ecu is advisable, headers, exhaust, fuel pump, 3 port, may as well sack of secondary air system, sack tgv's, uprated clutch, etc etc etc

You can get 450 by strapping a big turbo to it, but if you want it to be reliable then it needs setting up right.

15k? jesus wept, have it booked in early march so will have a chat with the guys there and see what they say but if it is that expensive, i don't really see the point, will probs just get as safely as I can to 400.

8 minutes ago, azer_uk said:

15k? jesus wept, have it booked in early march so will have a chat with the guys there and see what they say but if it is that expensive, i don't really see the point, will probs just get as safely as I can to 400.

Yep, getting to 350 is relatively cheap, after that you never get much for your money 

57 minutes ago, savage bulldogs said:

The standard 2ltr ej207  is supposed to be good for 450hp , so a 400hp target should mean that it's not on the limit .

speaking to a few reputable tuners should give you a idea of what's possible within your budget and give you a idea of cost including supporting mods 

06 sti will be a 2.5

2 hours ago, savage bulldogs said:

Yeah ,but instead of fitting another weak 2.5 a 2ltr 207 would be stronger in standard guise 😉

i Think the 06 jdm might be a 2ltr twin scroll , not really up to spec on my hawks tbh 

2.5 built right will do 500bhp no problem, built right is the important bit 😉

jdm hawk is indeed a 2.0 twin scroll, bear in mind doesnt have proper forged pistons though, neither does anything newer than bug of course.

• Like 1