Sign in to follow this  
Tony F

Auto locking doors

Is there a way to (1) stop the auto locking of the doors and (2) open all doors at once on my keyless locking/unlocking 2018 Forester?

i find it very annoying that I have to unlock passenger doors from inside after I have opened the drivers door!

I have the previous version. Single press of the fob opens driver door, double press open the rest. Strange version improvement!

(1) If you have a genuine subaru sat nav fitted you can turn auto locking on / off  / change delay time settings / via the monitor - if not then a Subaru dealer can do it (from my 08 manual ) maybe its changed now but check your sat nav manual if you have one.

(2) All the doors should open when you press the remote unlock twice within 5 seconds - they do on mine anyway.   

Thanks for the replies... I don’t use the key fob to open the car, fingers behind the handle does that, there is no option on the OEM satnav to change the locking, maybe it’s a US option only? 

Down to the dealer I think!

Can you do this ...Forester is explained here. 

Brack, thanks for the video link... tried it but that option is not available on my forester...

the option I have is all on one screen as below

036FF376-A686-4FD3-BF1A-818E435CD312.jpeg

4BEF526D-CACC-466E-A754-30EC8E34EC13.jpeg

Oh right ...Americans get everything ...hope you get it sorted 🙂   

Brack, thanks your suggestion,,, i’ve Left a note for Subaru Cust services... my dealer is relatively new to the franchise so I wouldn’t expect him to know all the wrinkles... yet! 😃

• Like 1

I don't know why any family car manufacturer would program their cars to only unlock the drivers door when the rest of the family has to be let in from the inside - and not provide an easy way to switch it around on all of their models ....when today's modern cars are designed with so many features of convenience.

Anyway hope your dealer sorts it. 

Cheers 🙂 

Sorted!

Subaru customer services came back.

to the right of the steering wheel is a pull down panel with a keypad.

switch ignition on, press 7 on the keypad and switch ignition off within 5 seconds.

I got it wrong first time, but second time it worked? Result! 

• Like 1

Is it just 7? Because I can't get it to work on mine. Didn't even know about the keypad😀.