Auto locking doors

Tony F

On 5/13/2021 at 9:06 PM, jimboy said:

Called into a dealer today, the problem stumped them. Awaiting their discussions with Subaru UKHO now. They are experienced Subaru dealer and this anomaly seems to have caught them on the hop. I agree Pete it is a bit silly that that an hijacker creeping up on the nearside can still get in.

However, having studied the manual further I discovered that the ever searching fob can be put to sleep easily to save its battery life, and it works OK. No need for a Faraday box in the kitchen. (The dealer didn't know about that until I showed him, in the good books for future service costs now🤣)

How do you put it to sleep ? Have a 2018 xt many thanks 

• 3 months later...

On 2/27/2022 at 9:23 PM, Richardw said:

How do you put it to sleep ? Have a 2018 xt many thanks 

Sorry about my delay in replying. My fob:- press and hold the lock button then press the unlock button twice, the little red light on the fob blinks and thats it. As soon as you press the fob to open the car door it wakes up.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/12/2021 at 11:35 AM, Pete_W said:

Got a little further - All doors unlock when opened from the passenger side. Drivers side only opens drivr's door. Looks like I have Left-hand door unlocking ona Right hand drive car.

Anybody else got the same?

And to swap it over?

Dealer (Budgen Motors at Shrewsbury) did not seem to know anythimg about it.

Yes same on my 2018 xt

See my previous posts. It seems the approach from Budgens at Shrewsbury is that if they do not have an i9nstant answer, then it is 'not possible'. After contacting Subaru UK and getting them to contact Budgens, apparently it could be done. Now my '19 Outback unlocks all doors from the drivers side.

The only small silly one is that what is probably the kiddie locks on the rear doors stay activated, such that rear passwengers cannot get out. To release them either open the drivers door, or press the 'unlock' button on the drivers door. This is the same button you have to press to have the rear hatch open from the button down RHS of the steering wheel.

It sometimes seems to me that whoever wrote the programme for the user interface should have been forced to live with it for a few months - an modify it till it worked properly!

• 1 year later...

I have been trying to gat all the doors to unlock as well so will try all the suggestions but may it seems be a dealer only fix, the windows opening on one touch would be good as well ,My Landrover does all this straight out of the box I'm astounded that its so difficult for Subaru !!

Oh and I'm also amazed at the size of the manual that's seems to tell you very little - maybe get a UK based technical authour !!