Robmos82

Hi all

I’ve recently decided (99% definite) after a few years contemplating, that I’ve decided to purchase either an Impreza or a Forester. I’m looking for something with that definitive Scooby soundtrack but have a very limited budget. I don’t quite have the funds available, therefore it’s gonna take a while to save up, but it will give me plenty of time to (hopefully) find my ideal car. 

Anyway, I’m mid 30’s and have 3 kids the oldest of which is 15 and the other 2 are growing (as they tend to!). One of my concerns at this early stage is comfort and safety. I’m 6ft and drive in the correctly seated position, but this generally limits the space behind me. I used to own a Lexus IS200 but had to sell it due to the very limited leg room in the rear. As far as safety is concerned, I’d need 3 x 3 point seat belts in the rear. I’ve noticed a few of the older cars (sub 2000) have the old 2 point lap belt in the middle rear seat. What age Impreza or Forester should I be looking for?

Also, what would info what I need to look at regarding an imported vehicle. I’ve noticed there’s a few knocking around on eBay, autotrader etc...

If anyone has any advice on the above for my preferred models, I’d really appreciate it.

Cheers

Rob

Wotcha and welcome Rob - a legacy may be more suited to your requirements and there are some nice models for around 5k mark, some clean imports also with nice specs

• Thanks 1

Impreza 2007 hawkeye does not leave much leg room behind a 6ft driver. Doable but not comfortable. Rear leg room is small due to large front seats. Bigger Subaru would be more suitable for your needs as you describe them.

The Fozzie looks nice.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Siluro said:

Impreza 2007 hawkeye does not leave much leg room behind a 6ft driver. Doable but not comfortable. Rear leg room is small due to large front seats. Bigger Subaru would be more suitable for your needs as you describe them.

The Fozzie looks nice.

I am certainly interested in Grandads fozzie (not sure I’d have the funds for a while yet!) or should I just leave the kids at home and enjoy a blast in a Hawkeye without any bickering coming from the back seat...?!