Dashcam

Techauthorbob

Not got my XV yet but looking to fit my Nextbase 512 dash cam, I have seen the post about the correct live fuse but has anyone any other info / ideas.

I have fitted them before so will eventually figure out what works, just looking to make life easier!

Bob H

@Bob,  is it a new XV? If it is you should not attach the dash cam to the front windscreen as it’s likely to interfere with the Eyesight camera systems.

Not sure about the fuse I fitted my Dash Cam to a bar fitted on the passenger head rest bars and feed the power via the 12v or USB in the console between the front seats.  It does restrict the front and rear views but gives a good overall view as the driver would see the road situation.

• 3 weeks later...

Had my dash cam on for a few days now, it's mounted centrally under the mirror and has caused no problems so far!

I still have it on a suction mount but will be changing for an adhesive one in a few weeks, these are slightly smaller and will let me tuck it up under the mirror better.

bob