Losing grip through corners

Allenj00

Hello guys,

I have noticed when driving my scooby through corners i can feel the tryres begin to lose grip and they were squealing. It wasn't like i was taking the corner too hard. The tyres are Hankook as well so they're not bad tyres.

Any ideas what could cause this, or whether that's just how scoobies drive.

Cheers fellas

Ball joints gone, Play in suspension bushing, Bent arms, suspension links broken, bad wheel alignment. Management of your expectations. Hard to tell from your description. Did you sort your hot brakes?

check for play in joints as suggested then get an alignment check done - check tyre pressures also -
too high and this will cause them to slide and spin up easier

• Thanks 1

Scoobies (like most cars) are set up from the factory to understeer. As this is easier for the majority of people to correct , let of the throttle and wait for the front wheels to gain traction. 

I'd say you have a Bush or geometry issue , unless a previous owner has upgraded a few suspension components to create oversteer .

Do you know if a previous owner or have you changed anything... shocks ,wheel bearing lowering springs ect ,that might throw the geometry out ? 

Any uneven tyre wear ? 

Any worn bushes should've been picked up on the mot really but maybe take it for a 4 wheel alignment and ask them to check while it's on the ramp 

Have you got any service history with it ? 

If a shock or bearing had been replaced for maintenance it might not have been re aligned?

Although there's plenty of tread is there any difference in the amount of tread on the inner or outer edges ? 

I had a full corner weighted geo set up done to my spec for £150 , so a 4 wheel alignment check should be a lot cheaper.  At least you'd be able to rule out alignment issues too .

Either way it doesn't sound right as these cars normally feel more planted than most other cars , due to the awd and low center of gravity boxer layout .

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...