Front mats

Techauthorbob

It's not what I have done today but what I want to do - I want some front rubber mats for a 2019 XV instead of those hairy standard ones that are a pain to clean, what are the best to buy. I only need the front ones, would even buy used if they are ok.

incidentally my rubber boot liner is from a 2004 Discovery, it was cut down to fit a Freelander 2 and Discovery Sport, still going strong.

just been looking at the Plastidip info - great idea and looks good, will definitely have todo this soon!

I bought the genuine Subaru ones when I ordered the car and they have worn pretty badly with quite bad heel marks.  They still do a good job and are much better, in my opinion, to the fabric versions.  Easily removed to wash and clean.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/27/2019 at 7:33 AM, ernieb said:

I bought the genuine Subaru ones when I ordered the car and they have worn pretty badly with quite bad heel marks.  They still do a good job and are much better, in my opinion, to the fabric versions.  Easily removed to wash and clean.

I've got the same.

Where did you attach the bracket that holds the driver's mat in place? I haven't managed to find where to fit it as it goes upside down on the rubber mats (as opposed to the fabric ones).

Thanks!

1 hour ago, fpan said:

I've got the same.

Where did you attach the bracket that holds the driver's mat in place? I haven't managed to find where to fit it as it goes upside down on the rubber mats (as opposed to the fabric ones).

Thanks!

Does this help?

Mat1.thumb.jpg.7d0f36e65bb0d83c97cea2c247cdf066.jpg

Mat2.thumb.jpg.2796b66c36470b4ef156427b76fcdb69.jpg

21 hours ago, Jay762 said:

Does this help?

Mat1.thumb.jpg.7d0f36e65bb0d83c97cea2c247cdf066.jpg

Mat2.thumb.jpg.2796b66c36470b4ef156427b76fcdb69.jpg

Thanks although this doesn't work with the rubber mats fitted as the rubber mats don't have a hole that goes all the way through the mats, I'll have to take a pic to show what I mean.

I'd like to see a pic of the OEM rubber mats fitted with brackets.