Another newbie

MarkWD19

Hi mate hope your enjoying your new subaru. Has it been modified at all yet? A remap and a panel filter is a great start with these cars, maybe a cat back if budget allows, all up to you really and what your willing to spend. Plenty knowledge on here though so ask away and let us see your car we love subarus here 🤣 

Hi thanks for the reply, at present she is completely standard, it’s only done 31k so looking to break her in still.... but panel filter, exhaust and remap was pretty much what I was thinking too, will post pics of her on Monday when I’m back home

9 hours ago, MarkWD19 said:

Hi thanks for the reply, at present she is completely standard, it’s only done 31k so looking to break her in still.... but panel filter, exhaust and remap was pretty much what I was thinking too, will post pics of her on Monday when I’m back home

You should definitely get into the 300bhp region with this path man then you can decide from there whether you want a bigger turbo or what not. Consider an uprated fuel pump aswell. There are folk that say when you want to go past this stage you should look into building the motor with a 2.5 but someone with better knowledge on this era of impreza may be able to help you with that info ive only ever dealt with the 2.0L

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, ROSSCOSM said:

You should definitely get into the 300bhp region with this path man then you can decide from there whether you want a bigger turbo or what not. Consider an uprated fuel pump aswell. There are folk that say when you want to go past this stage you should look into building the motor with a 2.5 but someone with better knowledge on this era of impreza may be able to help you with that info ive only ever dealt with the 2.0L

Agree with a new pump - often overlooked, look at a 2.1 or 2.35 stroker type builds if you are starting with a 2.0 block

On 1/18/2020 at 5:59 PM, ROSSCOSM said:

Yeah jay id love to go for a 2.1 strocker just dont have the funds way two young kids 😂🤣

Assuming you have not got a JDM import with the 2.0 twin scroll and you have a 2.5 currently you should be on 296 tehn with what you plan that takes you into the PPP / 330s area which gives circa 330bhp.

Now I had no issues running 330 bhp in my first STI hatch however you will read many tales of unfortunate ringland failure. A decent map will go a long way to ensuring this does not happen as it will ensure No 4 pot does not run lean at the higher revs. Budget in the future to replace the pistons with forged items, also look at a timing belt kit funds (due at 40K)

A cheaper mod is the cylinder cooling pipe discussed on another thread - this, allegedly will help a lot with the heat on No4 pot which will also contribute to ringland failure. I will be completing this work as part of my re installation.

https://www.blingstrom.com/modmonday-sti/2019/3/17/getadomtune-cylinder-4-cooling-mod-showing-cylinder-4-that-you-still-care

https://www.iagperformance.com/GDT-Cylinder-4-Chamber-Cooling-System-WRX-STI-p/gdt-1005.htm

cyl4mod.thumb.jpg.81276e41e7154132e2bd4b8f8ca29d50.jpg

192455010_coolantmod.jpg.4ab8157058b5f549106b4f5466837099.jpg

5 minutes ago, MarkWD19 said:

The saloon mate, I will post some pics of her today at some point

Same as me then although mines a 2011 one. It is nice to see someone else with one, you don't see many about 🙂 I look forward to some pictures.

Looks great mate. I have never seen a grey one on the roads. I've only ever seen white and midnight purple (because I test drove them). Ended up picking up a black one myself.

Have you got any plans for it in the future?

23 hours ago, CRG77 said:

Looks great mate. I have never seen a grey one on the roads. I've only ever seen white and midnight purple (because I test drove them). Ended up picking up a black one myself.

Have you got any plans for it in the future?

Hoping to do a few bits down the line but nothing confirmed yet mate, have you done much to yours yet? 

21 minutes ago, MarkWD19 said:

Hoping to do a few bits down the line but nothing confirmed yet mate, have you done much to yours yet? 

Not too much so far. Mainly ascetic bits at the moment. Hoping soon to do new wheels, suspension, intake, full exhaust system and then a remap.