Suspension parts

Norrie

Ok so it looks as though my wishbone bushes are needing done. Now the question I have is do I use original equipment bushes and re-bush the arms or go for aftermarket arms that come with new bushes/balljoint already fitted. I was quoted £58 each made by Japanparts. New bushes from Subaru are £45 and £35 for ball joints. So £70 plus labour to fit them as I don't have a press.

Might as well do the drop links at the same time. These are £50 each from Subaru or £15 each aftermarket.

What do you guys think?

Thanks.

Norrie.

Not done anything like this on any of my SUBARU cars but suggest if you are happy to do the work and can get the parts go down that route.  In the past I’ve tried to do these types of jobs myself so that I can input some quality control and look out for other potential issues. I’m also a fan, as you’ve suggested of doing as much to replace parts whilst the bits are stripped off?

IMO - if you are going the aftermarket, superpro brand poly bush etc route then complete the work yourself. If you are happy with OEM standard buy the whole unit. You could then recoup some of the cost by refurbing your own parts - bit of soda / vapour blasting and then selling 

Just spoke to Subaru and new wishbones are £320 for the right hand side and £237 for the left. Why there is such a difference in price I've no idea. There's no way I'm paying that much. 

I don't want to poly Bush as I live up a rough farm track so think it's better to have some give in the bushes. 

I think I might try aftermarket arms and if they don't last re-bush the original arms. 

The bushes aren't clunking or anything just feel the car moving around more than it used to. 

Norrie.