Help out a noobie

THESCORP44

Hey peeps. I'm looking to buy my first n wondering what should I be looking for on the 2nd hand market? I'd love a WRX STI or summit close to like but what should I be looking out for. Also what to look for wen test driving and looking round one. Any help would be sound. Thanks :)

STI is the better engine, but don't want to take anything away from the WRX they are just as fun but can't get as much power from it if you want to push past the 350/360 at most from a WRX. With the STI  you can go lot's more if you wanted to. That's it in a nutshell, I'm driving the WRX blobeye around at the minute as my bugeye is out of action until later :( nice car to drive. 

Sti comes with 

Brembo brakes

6 speed gear box 

STI spoiler 

better engine 

Just some parts the STI has that is better not including better suspension and other thing's. One of my WRX's I've taken it as far as I can without spending stupid money that would be cheaper to buy an STI and start again. But I have had it to long and done to much to want to sell it now and love driving it still. Only thing I might sell her for in the future is a hawkeye but again would be happy with WRX again, but would look at the STI more when I look at changing but I doubt I would ever push it past the 350BHP still with fuel costs.    

• Like 1

my mates got a bug eye wrx that he paid 2k for, he then fitted the blob rear lights and bumper, an sti front bumper and full sti engine which is currently running 418bhp, he's talking about getting a hawk eye and fitting his current engine set up to that due to the money thats been thrown at it, the sti's can take more power but the initial car is quite a bit dearer than the wrx, i would look at getting a cheap bug wrx, fit blob or hawk front and rear parts to it, sti engine and will probably be cheaper than a full on sti

Thanks guys

welcome to the club mate,

I GET TO 

Stoke-on-Trent from time to time i'll keep an eye open for you in your new scoob when you get it....... ;) 

don't know if you have any body  local to you  but if you need scooby help etc   i'm Regional Coordinator NW (Tameside) but i do get about lol......

• Like 2