Turbo covertion

Hello everyone, I have a 3rd gen 2.0R Subaru Impreza and wanted to ask if it's worth it to do a turbo convertion and also ask a couple of qiestions.

If so are they realiable after the covertion?

What turbo have you put in it?

Can you put an electric turbo in it?

How much horsepower do you make?

What do i need to know prior to the covertion?

Thank you in advance.

Take care,

David

• 1 month later...

Not worth the hassle in my opinion, but if your set on keeping your current car I’d go the easiest and cheapest route.

Buy a crash salvage/MOT failure/rotten Shell turbo and swap everything over. Then you know you have everything to “make it work” as it were.

It sounds daunting but it’s far from it, Subarus are like Lego, they pretty much swap over from model to model. Basic tools are required for the majority of the work, the only thing I would say you would need is an engine hoist which you can barrow or hire.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PeteB said:

Not worth the hassle in my opinion, but if your set on keeping your current car I’d go the easiest and cheapest route.

Buy a crash salvage/MOT failure/rotten shell turbo and swap everything over. Then you know you have everything to “make it work” as it were.

It sounds daunting but it’s far from it, Subarus are like Lego, they pretty much swap over from model to model. Basic tools are required for the majority of the work, the only thing I would say you would need is an engine hoist which you can barrow or hire.

+1 on the Lego 👍🏻

• Like 1