2011 WRX STI Build

CRG77

1 hour ago, CarBoyCam said:

From your pictures of the back of the old unit in your car, you should have a 3.5mm cable to go in the wired remote socket of your unit.

Aux cable will be for wired remote and the other is for the mic.

I have the aux and mic plugged into the back of the new unit.

12 minutes ago, CRG77 said:

I have the aux and mic plugged into the back of the new unit.

Ah ok. So with the Pioneer Connects2 harness adapter on my STI, the AUX input is a separate cable altogether. If you head to the Connects2 website they do offer wiring diagrams of their adapters and it may match up to what you have so you can work out what’s what. Will try and get a picture of the back of my Pioneer unit tomorrow for you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CarBoyCam said:

Ah ok. So with the Pioneer Connects2 harness adapter on my STI, the AUX input is a separate cable altogether. If you head to the Connects2 website they do offer wiring diagrams of their adapters and it may match up to what you have so you can work out what’s what. Will try and get a picture of the back of my Pioneer unit tomorrow for you.

I will check the website tomorrow 🙂 If you could that would be great. My mic and aux were both separate cables.

16 hours ago, CRG77 said:

I will check the website tomorrow 🙂 If you could that would be great. My mic and aux were both separate cables.

As promised, have some annotated pictures of the back of my Pioneer head unit in my 2017 STI. Not sure it'll help at all but that's how mine's wired up. Steering controls all working, only thing which isn't is DAB as I want to use the factory antenna but can't find an adapter for it. Don't fancy having a third party antenna stuck to the windscreen when the car came with DAB as standard!

IMG_0719-Annotated-Comp.jpg

IMG_0720-Annotated-Comp.jpg

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, CarBoyCam said:

As promised, have some annotated pictures of the back of my Pioneer head unit in my 2017 STI. Not sure it'll help at all but that's how mine's wired up. Steering controls all working, only thing which isn't is DAB as I want to use the factory antenna but can't find an adapter for it. Don't fancy having a third party antenna stuck to the windscreen when the car came with DAB as standard!

IMG_0719-Annotated-Comp.jpg

IMG_0720-Annotated-Comp.jpg

Thank you, I will take a look tomorrow as I am pretty sure I plugged them in as above unless I plugged it into the incorrect port 🙂

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So I hit a patch of ice under the snow as I came out my street this morning 😞 

844211660_Car22.jpg.af1c74211d8a1cf1d7ef6ff266d6d980.jpg

So frustrating that this has happened, not sure if it is worth repairing or replacing? Looks like it could be cracked. Not sure if there is any suspension damage or not yet.

1573244416_Car23.jpg.33debbfd574e595b3891bceae8533742.jpg

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, nictriumph said:

is that a crack on the spoke aswel?  feel sorry for you after all that work..i would check the suspension,that looks hard impact

I think it is just dirt but I will double check later. It looks like just the lip area that's damaged. Not sure if it is repairable or not? Yeah I will check suspension as soon as I can, hoping it isn't too bad though.

7 minutes ago, Jay762 said:

Nightmare - and so easily done unfortuntely

Nightmare is how I would describe it too 😞 Yeah it was and what's worse is there was nothing I could do. I think I'd have been less annoyed if it had happened by me doing something stupid, because then it was my own fault.

Had an update from my friend who is a mechanic and a few repair places and they have said that the wheel should be replaced and not fixed. I will have to order a new one. Any creative ideas on what I can use the old one for?

1 hour ago, CRG77 said:

Had an update from my friend who is a mechanic and a few repair places and they have said that the wheel should be replaced and not fixed. I will have to order a new one. Any creative ideas on what I can use the old one for?

make a clock or table for man cave

8 minutes ago, Jay762 said:

make a clock or table for man cave

If it was a 12 spoke wheel that would be ideal but it is only 10. Table is a very good shout. 

Replacement wheel ordered. Luckily they still had 2 of my model and spec in the UK.

2 minutes ago, CRG77 said:

If it was a 12 spoke wheel that would be ideal but it is only 10.

Wow bit more thought than I gave it - I was just thinking mount a clock face to the front of it, hadnt considered linking that to the spokes 🙂

4 minutes ago, Jay762 said:

Wow bit more thought than I gave it - I was just thinking mount a clock face to the front of it, hadnt considered linking that to the spokes 🙂

I will have to have a look into different options now. I'd rather use it for something and not waste it.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

So, there hasn't been much to update recently. I did get a new replacement wheel so I am back on the road. More upgrades to come soon though.

Did manage to get out for a shoot with my friend yesterday. I have added some of the photos below:

1908961794_Car2.thumb.jpg.5c63cdee8328142f32ecd813fee8f668.jpg725061885_Car1.thumb.jpg.2709f1c7ddf80229d0d77f413e5168ae.jpg442944113_Car3.jpg.c543c12e9001a31e924d59bca7eeb2ee.jpg656559070_Car4.thumb.jpg.bf59d27e70a4cdb4a1eb7dfacae465ae.jpg

I am tempted to wrap the car again already too. Not sure whether I want keep the satin black (which I do love) or try midnight purple. What do you guys think?

• Like 1

On 3/3/2021 at 5:56 PM, CRG77 said:

So, there hasn't been much to update recently. I did get a new replacement wheel so I am back on the road. More upgrades to come soon though.

Did manage to get out for a shoot with my friend yesterday. I have added some of the photos below:

I am tempted to wrap the car again already too. Not sure whether I want keep the satin black (which I do love) or try midnight purple. What do you guys think?

I do like the the midnight purple GTR's so why not go for it 😁

On 3/8/2021 at 1:40 PM, Jay762 said:

I do like the the midnight purple GTR's so why not go for it 😁

There are so many colours I think would look good, including he satin black. Maybe I need more cars lol 🙂

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tidgy said:

i wonder what one would look like in the proper old school WRC (not wr blue that the new age sti's were).

Is that the darker, more navy colour blue? 

1 minute ago, CRG77 said:

Is that the darker, more navy colour blue? 

it's similar the the wr blue, but its a more vivid colour. It was never available on road cars and its based of a kawasaki blue as i understand it.

Hopefully this lik will work,

157064896_2192318097572303_9070807979364

14 minutes ago, Tidgy said:

it's similar the the wr blue, but its a more vivid colour. It was never available on road cars and its based of a kawasaki blue as i understand it.

Hopefully this lik will work,

157064896_2192318097572303_9070807979364

I do think a nice blue would look good on my shape tbf. Especially as we didn't even get a WR blue for the 11 - 14 STI in the UK. There's too many colour options to choose from 

2 minutes ago, CRG77 said:

I do think a nice blue would look good on my shape tbf. Especially as we didn't even get a WR blue for the 11 - 14 STI in the UK. There's too many colour options to choose from 

not doing the normal wr blue for them seemed a tad daft to me as it's pretty much subaru full stop lol

13 minutes ago, Tidgy said:

not doing the normal wr blue for them seemed a tad daft to me as it's pretty much subaru full stop lol

I agree, especially when they did WR blue for the US and Japan.

5 minutes ago, CRG77 said:

I agree, especially when they did WR blue for the US and Japan.

subaru US are much more interested in the owners, Subaru UK have basicly destroyed a fanatical following of the brand. They are more bothered about sponsering horse trials and golf tourneys now rather than motorsport 😞

• Like 1