Po500 fault code

Norrie

I've just fitted new front wheel bearings to the XV and when taking it for a test drive today its brought up a fault code po500 and the abs hill start etc have been disabled. 

Now po500 code is speed sensor related. I have heard that some aftermarket bearings don't have the magnetic pick up for the speed sensor. Does anyone know if you can check if its the sensor or not? 

Thanks. 

Norrie. 

Stripped both bearings back off today and the only thing I can see is slight damage on one of the sensors. Cleaned and rebuilt everything and still the same fault. Hoping to get it plugged into a diagnostics laptop at some point next week. 

OK so had it plugged into a diagnostic computer today and no out put from both front wheels. Stripped the new bearings back off and measured them and they are 3mm shorter than the old ones. Fitted the old bearings back on and no fault codes. 

Ordered new bearings and returning the other ones. 

On the plus side I'm an expert at doing Subaru wheel bearings now as had them stripped 4 times. 🤣

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Norrie said:

OK so had it plugged into a diagnostic computer today and no out put from both front wheels. Stripped the new bearings back off and measured them and they are 3mm shorter than the old ones. Fitted the old bearings back on and no fault codes. 

On the plus side I'm an expert at doing Subaru wheel bearings now as had them stripped 4 times. 🤣

I admire you patience but glad you've managed to ignore the issue.

15 hours ago, Norrie said:

Thanks for the update, good to know what it was.

16 hours ago, Norrie said:

OK so I got another set of wheel bearings today and they are the same as the other ones I had fitted. I've phoned Subaru for a price of genuine ones and they are £306 each. 💷😯

WOW.... one of the down sides of Subaru ownership, expensive scheduled service and spares

2 hours ago, Norrie said:

Now fitted the genuine Subaru bearings and everything is good. 👍

good parts make all the difference ...
lot of the aftermarket unless top brands or reboxed oem supplier are garbage these days.
buying parts that actually work or last is biggest issue we got in the trade currently .