Whats your audio set up in your Suburu

I have fitted a Pioneer double din head unit which has all the gadgets to use Bluetooth, SD card, Ipod and Dvd player as well. Really impressed with it as the Impreza has a funny dash so not many fit well.

Incidently i have the single din genuine suburu pocket up for grabs if anyone needs one and is planning a single din install.

IMG_0125.jpg

So show us and tell us what you got in yours :)

We've just changed ours so haven't got a pic of the interior yet but my very clever other half has done me a full boot build or at least the start of it, complete with flat eric LMAO !. (We have yet to add 2 6x9's)

So to date, we have upgraded all the speakers, added 2 x 12' subs, 2 x amps, and have just put an alpine ida media player in. (We did have a pioneer double din unit (PH80BT) in so have got that for sale if anyone is interested ;) )

431385_10150653854409181_553264180_9073932_1275684471_n.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Hi I have a 2003 wrx blobeye and am just about to upgrade all door speakers front and rear I want the biggest speakers you can fit in the original door Mount's without cutting or modify the door I know subaru s doint have a lot of room in the doors . From depth to the window hitting the magnetic on big speakers eny help would be most welcome as I have been told different sizes from different people . Aaahhhh lol. Just doint want to spend lotts of cash on speakers that doint fit .

get the panels off first and measure up - there are a couple of how to vids knocking about that involve cutting some mdf spacer rings this allows a greater depth of speaker without cutting panels etc. So before you commit the funds understand what you can do yourself to knock up some fittings and how much space you have to work with

• Like 1

get the panels off first and measure up - there are a couple of how to vids knocking about that involve cutting some mdf spacer rings this allows a greater depth of speaker without cutting panels etc. So before you commit the funds understand what you can do yourself to knock up some fittings and how much space you have to work with

Exactly what I did had no problems at all :)

can you fit a double din head unit into a 1995 impreza wrx does anyone know?

I had a 95 and could have fitted a double din. Mine had a cd holder compartment at the top I was able to remove

Remove the gear stick surround, take out the 2 black screws behind cup holder at top of dash. Take off the gear knob, now you need to remove the rubber gator. There are two black screws at an angle under the gaiter. The base of the gear surround trim is held in by plastic tabs and should pull free, pull gently at the curve (this trim is easy to break so be carefull.) it should come free and you can remove the surround altogether.

Remove your head unit.

Then there should be 4 screws they should be brass coloured, holding in the cage for the radio, remove these and the whole centre part will pull toward you. Disconnect the cigarette lighter and you should be holding the cage free of the console. The cd holder on mine was held in by four screws Remove these and you end up with the separate halves of the cage. Depending on how your head unit was fitted it may still be held together by the metal tabs you bent on the head unit cage.

Edit:

Found a pic in the workshop manual.

You dont need to remove the rear console box

radio_zps221023ba.jpg

I didn't actually fit the double din as I mounted a knocklink and Lambda link in the space, but I'm guessing you could make some brackets to fit a double din if the ones supplied don't fit.

Hope that helps

Edit:2.

I have attached the 1995 workshop manual as a PDF. Its not complete but its the only one about.

1993-1996 Subaru WRX Workshop Manuals.pdf

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

Hi folks, just wondered if and how people have gone about fitting 6x9's into their Iimprezas? I have an 07 hawkeye and like most imprezas I dont have a parcel shelf, I was thinking about making some speaker boxes to sit on the rear shelf because from what I can see it is not possible to cut any holes, nor would I want to. All 4 door speakers have been upgraded but they produce no bass at all. Wondered how others have dealt with this issue?

Blobeye I cut into the plastic parcel shelf type thing  from inside the boot you can see 2 holes I used that as my guide.

With the Bugeye I've gone a whole other way round with this and have been looking at a amp with a subwoofer built in :)

• 2 months later...

Currently have a Pioneer Double Din head unit, bit old but still good

and then a flat Pioneer bass in the back. as my 2600W 2x12" Active bass box will take up too much space :( 

Still need to get round to swapping all stock speakers for my new bass face ones and i need to install my 4ch Amp  :)

post-3545-0-33546000-1421415044_thumb.jp

post-3545-0-38712500-1421415051_thumb.jp

• 4 weeks later...

Just had an afternoon upgrading my audio, swapped my Stereo over from previous car, JVC double din with dab and Bluetooth, installed antenna on top of rear strut, very discreet and no signal drop like I used to get with windscreen aerial.

Also fitted a Mutant sub and amp that I have had sat in garage for past 4 years from an old celica, and some Vibe slick speakers in all 4 doors.

Sound difference - out of this world!

Very happy with my efforts, proud as punch I did it all myself!

• Like 1

Nothing like you lot, I have a 2003 Forester 2.0 non turbo, got Pioneer 13-10s in all 4 doors and pioneer head unit kept the little cubby hole with flappy door on it for putting crap in sounds good I'm an old !Removed! now so don't need huge great bins in the boot, any way don't think me Beagle Toby would be very impressed by that.

Paul

I just added a single din alpine unit to my car with a pocket underneath. I followed a youtube guide to removal of the old double din unit then fitted this one. All straight forward enough even for me, and I also cut some lugs on the frame so the pocket slotted in. Door speakers next when I have a chance. :) post-2871-0-34271200-1424455306_thumb.jppost-2871-0-92186600-1424455369_thumb.jp

• 11 months later...

Super thread revival...

Has anybody ever managed to squeeze 8" subs under the seat or in the front doors? The car is seriously lacking in sound and punchy bass... I've got 2 BNIB JBL's and would like to use them in the Blob... However I need to retain my boot space for my tools.... I might have a play this weekend.. :biggrin: