Damage Report :(

Ash007ks

Well I took the dreaded call off Martin at Scooby services today, and its not great.

The car originally went in last week for the usual rocker cover gaskets replacing as it was weeping, but upon inspecting this we realised that there was a few nasty's, The pulleys were on at an angle and it was weeping from cam seals and head.

Martin gave me the dreaded look and I knew it was going to be bad here on in, I gave him the go ahead to open the engine and find out what else is damaged.

Well here goes,

x2 pistons are out of the wrong Subaru

x2 Exhaust valves are damaged

Cams are ground down due to wrong bolts been used

crank is damaged

piston rings are damaged

one head needs replacing as its wrong.

Exhaust full of holes.

list really does go on, im mad at the previous owner for thinking he could just pass it on to me and for this I really hope karma bites him back.

I'm going up on Saturday to inspect the damaged and at the moment just feel like breaking the whole car and having done with it and ive lost full interest, however Martin tells me its a great Shell with lots of potential and then I go around in a loop looking for Engines out of an STI lol. Guess its something to sleep on, either way I wont have my car to drive to the shows but it will be in the garage already haha. 

Gutted for ya fella :-(

What's the condition of the bore sleves in the cdb ?

You might get away with just a hone , if not mabye a over bore .

if you're aiming for 340 mabye sell the cdb and get a newage sti bottom end and bolt your version sti / p1 heads on it.

At least you've got the rs , hows that coming along ?

What a shame - also what a waste of time and effort with the original block - why not just do it properly in the first place.

Maybe putting this right to the spec you want will re kindle the interest / passion??

either way keep us posted :)

Can the block be saved with that damage ?

Good question, as its a close deck block ive gone ahead and had it split, just awaiting martins verdict. its was put togther with some form of sealant and had no gaskets whats so ever.

Gutted for ya fella :-(

What's the condition of the bore sleves in the cdb ?

You might get away with just a hone , if not mabye a over bore .

if you're aiming for 340 mabye sell the cdb and get a newage sti bottom end and bolt your version sti / p1 heads on it.

At least you've got the rs , hows that coming along ?

Rs is waiting to be welded, was getting done this month :( so thats now on hold.

i just need V5 heads and a few other parts as he has used wrong bolts and stripped the threads on the heads.

Bores arnt too bad one is pitted so going for a +1 on all 4.

Grade on engine is B yet he has put two A pistons in the car.

What a shame - also what a waste of time and effort with the original block - why not just do it properly in the first place.

Maybe putting this right to the spec you want will re kindle the interest / passion??

either way keep us posted :)

Here are some pictures of the block itself. didnt bother with the heads as there a complete rightoff.

As such i need x2 Heads off a V5 

TD05 ( two good condition TD04's For sale)

STI intercooler.

and a few other parts.

post-1324-0-40476000-1390154551_thumb.jp

post-1324-0-20678000-1390154559_thumb.jp

post-1324-0-23600700-1390154566_thumb.jp

post-1324-0-06803600-1390154573_thumb.jp

post-1324-0-70361800-1390154577_thumb.jp

Super job mate glad to hear. Hopefully be back on the road ready for when I pop to the local meet hows that sound ;)

I see you've not put wich year that may be ?

Ash, is martin building it for you or is it being outsourced ?

Well planning on popping over once it get's past the colder months. And everything has been sorted my end with house and what not so be a few months :)

But if you get a house and 3 Ferraris before let me know I'm sure I could maybe find time to pop sooner ;)

Really sorry to hear of your hassles Ash. With my own impending repairs I can honestly say I know how you feel, although at least it was my own doing. What miserable chav fits the wrong parts to any vehicle, especially in the engine? Time wounds all heels.

Here's a pic of my dog wearing a hoodie to cheer you up. And don't bother asking what planet I am on as I'm not too sure myself. post-1363-0-55841700-1390416870_thumb.jp