rocker cover gasket kit?

right, as some of you know may know i've recently bought the Impreza back that I sold last year, albeit with a couple of problems that weren't there when i sold it!

1 of the problems was there was white smoke coming from around the turbo area. It did it on the test drive & it did it when i drove it home. It then did it a few days later when i had it running on the drive although it stopped after a few mins.

Anyways i fired it up again today & it started smoking again so drove it round to mates garage so i could get it over the pit. What it looks like is the offside rocker cover gasket is leaking & dripping oil onto the manifold pipes.

So what i want to know is what rocker cover gasket kits are recommended? Been looking at FAI kits

I'd have a look on here

http://www.importcarparts.co.uk/parts.asp?page=1&cat=96⊂=97&sec=143&var=60&dc=0&gen=&searchKey=

Id make sure you get the "half moons" as well cos they get brittle over time .

I'd also consider changing the spark plugs (if their due ) as you'll have good access when it's stripped to do the rockers

i was looking into this when i got mine and everywhere i looked people were saying genuine gaskets will do the job properly and loctite 5699 grey sealant, i have used the sealant on many things since and it is by far one of the best sealants i've ever used

• Like 1