Stuck caliper?

Pommy

I changed my front pads the other day did have a seized piston on one side! But the pads were really low!! Free'ed up the piston but seems fine on the new pads, just wondering if the pistons have more potential to seize the further out they are if that makes sense!

usually the further the piston goes out the more off set they can become, it wont be noticeable really to the eye but when you are putting the pistons in after a re-paint they can get stuck.

Yeh makes sense bud. Never stripped scooby brakes but they must have big tolerances to allow piston to become offset! Don't take that the strong way fella. Tis not a slur on your knowledge. would have thought subaru would have made enough depth on the piston for that not to be an issue no matter how low pads are.

Maybe if they've got some card company that has more expensive fees than eBay so they try and encourage eBay purchases? Just a guess.

What's the deal Cusco with exchanging/refurbishing calipers? What's the turnaround? Price? I'm not in a hurry to do it yet but have some time off coming up, and my car can go for as long as needed on stands

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

your only in leeds mate, i could drop them off if need be, turnaround time is 2 weeks depending on my powdercoaters and other issues like different colored   calipers needed, usually ive a couple of calipers ready to send in so when i get an order i can build them up prior to your car being off the road usually if its local i can drop them off just as you have removed yours from the car.  

Well with any luck this saga is over *crosses fingers* got the caliper off, then the disc was stuck so had to use a bolt to free it up, gave the hub a clean and put the new discs, pads and calipers on, forgot to take a photo with the wheel off but took some after a quick wash. And with a camera not a phone so quality is good :)

IMG_6102_zps726927c1.jpg

and this is what the passenger side caliper looks like, bit mucky and horrible and not the best photo as the light in my basement is a bit ****. But you get the general idea

IMG_6110_zps1d11d7c2.jpg

• Like 2

Well with any luck this saga is over *crosses fingers* got the caliper off, then the disc was stuck so had to use a bolt to free it up, gave the hub a clean and put the new discs, pads and calipers on, forgot to take a photo with the wheel off but took some after a quick wash. And with a camera not a phone so quality is good :)

IMG_6102_zps726927c1.jpg

and this is what the passenger side caliper looks like, bit mucky and horrible and not the best photo as the light in my basement is a bit ****. But you get the general idea

IMG_6110_zps1d11d7c2.jpg

them calipers look OK on. 

my powder-coating place has just got mirror finish coatings but only in silver at the moment.