What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

Gaulson you can get 300 with the standard cat in place or maybe look for a sports cat for a compromise .

had mine remapped today but misfire held it back :-(

It still made 330 hp 310flb @ 1.2 bar which was more than enough to see off the celica cup that was trying his luck on the way home.

So i guess .....

next up newage coil packs and a bigger maff ;-)

• Like 2

I checked the plug gaps when I had the engine out and they were still at the 0.7 I'd set them at 4kmls ago .

spoke to my brv and he'd had the same issue with his old engine as hit 320 hp @ 1.2 bar then it blew the spark out .

He re gapped his plugs to 0.5 and then saw 347hp without any problems but the mapper said 0.5 gap is too close and hints at the 20yr old classic coilpacks being the issue .

newage one's have a stronger spark so would be the best solution .

didn't have this issue before the reshell as my old v3 uk ran the single centre mounted coilpack rather than the sti spec coilpack on each plug .

Much to my dismay, it was indeed blown. Lens cracked and casing loose. Good job I bought some spares the other week. Hopefully just a dud that I was unlucky enough to get.

All sorted again now though and ready to dazzle all afore me later [emoji41]

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The guy next door to us has a crappy focus ST which he professes has 330bhp, he reckoned he could "have" my XV subaru crap in a quarter mile race easily, "not across a ploughed field" I said he just muttered as he stormed off in a strop.

I reckon to be honest any 4 wheel drive could beat across the lights as with 300+BHP it'd take him mins to stop the wheels spinning.

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

Went to a subaru dealer yesterday, just to look at some subaru's. Ended up having an hour long chat with the manager about subarus. He had a a 3.6R legacy, was nice lol. But I was more interested in a new foz or outback. The new ones look really nice especially with all the goodies inside! Missus Gr7 was checking out a few foz's and Xv's. She come away saying she wants a subaru, but couldn't make up her mind between a Foz or an XV! Mission accomplished! She even suggested that we could get a new scooby (for me) and she could drive my legacy.

• Like 1

Win win there Tom....where was it you went?

Was it the new new outback you saw, or the soon to be replaced model?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was the dealer near the Ikea in Ashton Under Lyme. The manager seemed pretty sound. I was hoping he'd have had a few older/2nd hand fozzies as my folks need a new car, and a 2nd hand foz+auto would be perfect. The manager said they dont normally get second hand subarus in as people tend to keep them rather than buying a new car after a few years.

And no it was the soon to be replaced outback. It was lovely though, the seats felt amazing and it had all the goodies. I didnt catch the price though. He did say that the new outback would be about 30k though. I'd certainly like one of the fozzies, however, the boot space for the outback was unreal!

They are nice Tom - I remember having a sit in one when I had my Foz in for it's service earlier this year......and yes, the boot in the latest model is indeed huge!

When (if) my Outback ever gives up, I have the current 2.0XT auto Foz in my sights......0-60 in 7.5s and under 200gm CO2 so tax is not ridiculous......hopefully it should be reasonably priced in 10 or so years' time   :lol: