What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

Could I be cheeky and ask you to measure it roughly for me mate ? I've got to take the plastic gaurd off and see what the crack (no pun intended) is 1st subaru uk are getting back to me with a price and availability.

I'm half tempted to get an impreza one and chop it out extend and weld back together. Can anyone see any problems in this ?

Removed the cover although the pipe is rusty I think it's ok as when you start the car the smell comes from this area

eed00b843937f20dc3b6ea141bed4069.jpg

So I'm back to square one I can't see what's up there. I think it may be the tank lid nod sealing properly ?

Seeing as you disturbed the sender unit assembly recently, I'd double check the tank pump access plate rubber seal .

Maybe seal it with some tape around the joins to see if the smell goes to see if that's the issue

I think that's my problem clive, I look yesterday evening an I noticed that one side was a little squashed and outside the perimiter, I'm going to take the whole

Lot out tomorrow night, have a look and see if I've damaged the rubber and put it back together. I've ordered a new rubber for subaru in the states, believe it or not it was cheaper and quicker than subaru uk.

Subaru also rang me with regards to a filler neck. His opening words were 'are you sitting down'

Knew from that point on it was gonna be expensive, 206+vat to be precise [emoji22] so I'm gonna treat my existing one and hope it's just the sender gasket.

Gambit, no rush I'm just curious to see if it would work

• Like 1

Left my work drill on the last job :( luckily it's only 30 minutes away from home in an area called Dore up on hills. Got a good few inches of snow up there. Went in the Scoob and took the main roads there, aaaaarrrgggghhh!!! The salt!!! :( :( could hear it hitting the car almost all the way there.

Decided to take the back roads back to avoid it on the way home. First time I've used it properly in the snow since I avoid driving as much as poss in winter due to the salt. Holy ****, that was one of the most terrifying and equally fun drives I've ever had! As soon as I hit any kind of boost at any time the back end slipped out. Even on the straights. I left the pub car park where I last worked and picked my drill up from completely sideways :lol: anyone who says they've drive these in the snow and it never slipped or went once must have winters tyres on or aren't putting there foot down enough haha! Because mine with its normal tyres on was all over the place, but in a controllable way still as long as I didn't go mad and keep my foot in :D

Only problem was, due to the aforementioned tyres, it's useless at stopping! Had one big fright going down a steep bit where it just wasn't stopping and I was looking at going straight into a T junction and possibly the wall. Luckily managed to stop just in time by pumping the brakes with light pressure and finding the thicker bits of snow. Quite impressed with myself how I handled the situation haha. Still, any downhill parts after that I took at a granny pace.

Didn't get stuck once either. One of the most surprising moments was when I stopped at the top of a steep hill (give way) which had loads of snow on it and when I pulled off it didn't struggle at all. Very impressed at that, especially since it has the wrong tyres on :)

Needless to say, after all this when I got home my heart rate was raised slightly ;) absolutely brilliant fun. Just got to clean the salt off tomorrow now. May just give it a quick wipe off though since I'll be going on that meet on Saturday so will no doubt end up with loads more on and give it a good clean after that.

• Like 2

Everyone needs a scare sometimes Nick, keeps the heart healthy ;). I broke my front splitter playing in snow... well worth it lol. It's only an after market one I got off eBay. Nothing as scary as what happened to you though. Hopefully snow is still around at the weekend, I'm going playing even if no one will go with me!

Removed my broken splitter, probably wont repair it :(. Washed the car.. looks lovely again but after driving to work tomorrow it will be mucky again. Pay day on Weds so will buy some CDF drop links and get them fitted :). YAY. Also thinking of buying a Subaru Justy... As a work and back car lol.

• Like 1

Removed my broken splitter, probably wont repair it :(. Washed the car.. looks lovely again but after driving to work tomorrow it will be mucky again. Pay day on Weds so will buy some CDF drop links and get them fitted :). YAY. Also thinking of buying a Subaru Justy... As a work and back car lol.

They do very hood mpg. I did look into it before. Not viable for me since I travel 25 miles to work min and most of the way at 57mph. Dont like to be cramped either.

Got a soaking today trying to jet wash the salt off from the underside of the scoob and under the arches [emoji53]

However it Does look like the paintwork I did in the arches last summer as held up well [emoji41]

then Chucked a sponge at it and the clay , polish , wax and paint sealer (pre winter prep) seems to be keeping it at least looking shiny from a distance [emoji4]

post-1399-142221725385_thumb.jpg