What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

Took mine to Martin over in at Sheffield Subaru Service, Excellent service! Will do a write up later. 

Also bought a mesh grill to replace the chome style one, will get some pics up as soon as its fitted.

• Like 1

If I can be arsed uploading my dash cam clip from yesterday I too got abuse cos I beeped the horn at a car that was about to drive into me, and they did the typical once I've sworn at you I won't look anywhere but dead ahead thing

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Made me laugh I was going into the village as he was coming out and just happened to see it as I went past :) I think it's a type R look a like doesn't look fast just lot's of noise as I have seen him drive past my house like an idiot a few times. Watched him only just make it back in after overtaking once. Both the oncoming car and the one overtaking had to both brake. And I think it was my V's that started it to be fair after he was doing easily 60mph in a 40 to catch me up as we was coming out of one of another village local He then made a move to try over take I didn't rise to it just carried on like I would, he then pulled back in I think it must have picked up some speed to quick for him and sat on my rear bumper. I had already seen up the road a bit more a 7.5 tonne lorry a car and a tractor pulling a trailer so knew be pointless doing anything so did a steady 60mph caught the traffic up and and that was it for about 3 to 4 miles. So as I turned off he got the two finger salute ;)

• Like 2

If I can be arsed uploading my dash cam clip from yesterday I too got abuse cos I beeped the horn at a car that was about to drive into me, and they did the typical once I've sworn at you I won't look anywhere but dead ahead thing

On that matter (dash-cams) I got this reply from the local police (that I get on well with thanks to neighbourhood watch) on whether they'd be able to prosecute based on in car footage I took (when I get my dash cam). Asked cos I'm getting sick of being cut up on a daily basis now by dumb-f**k boy racers

"David, apologies it has taken me a little while to get back to you. I have forwarded your query to our Road Policing Unit for clarification, I'm aware that the use of on board cameras is something which is on the rise for not only cars but cycles too.

Our advice is that such footage could and would be used in the same way for evidential purposes firstly providing that the equipment was mounted correctly within the vehicle and not hand held whilst driving.One thing I would possibly recommend taking into consideration and is something officers at times are required to do, should footage not be able to be removed easily i.e. to USB etc devices may then need to be seized in their entirety.

Every piece of footage would be examined individually and based on the unique circumstances of each case it would be decided by the investigating officer or CPS if the footage was deemed suitable to use as evidence if any offences were captured on such footage, and any incidents reported via 101 in the same way as any other non emergency incident.

I hope this helps, Regards Vikki."

I'll get the b@stards done if it kills me haha

well, i pushed my car out of martins, put the new parts into the car and then by martins instructions struggled to strip the engine down piece by piece, im now exceptionally sore and still have two more pistons to take out :/

• Like 1

Still ash a good learning process, I'm tempeted to get hold of a non running lump to see how it works compared to an inline motor, I know it will be exactly the same principals but I find that kind of thing fun

Ask tom how patient i am lol. im down to the last two pistons just need the sprigot rings out then its time to split, and see if a nasty horrer is there, the guy has used what appears to be a tub of silicone everywhere, the pick up mesh was covered :s

• Like 1

the only real advantage is they don't rust, 

they wont make you go any faster or make the brakes better

and saying that,

the bore still gets a carbon build up so it will stick as the chrome ones do... false economy really ? . 

Are you struggling with the wrist pins ash ?

Proppa fiddly fookers I don't envy you bud lol

I used a bbq skewer and knocked them out from the opposite side by turning the engine over and finding the right position to see through the adjacent bore .

That sounds like so much fun !

Going to a party at my Boss's place, loads of her family and stuff will be there and apparently there is special parking for the Subaru so should be interesting lol. Hopefully it's the show car of the evening ;) .

Tomorrow I will be going on on my dads Harley, different experience to the Subaru but should be good :)