What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

Thanks all, looks like the car will get sorted pretty soon, had the vultures on for claims but that's all going through insurers. Wife is feeling a bit site and worried about how neck is going to be tomorrow. Fortunately the XV, like the forester has some heft to it so the ford Ka that hit her took most of the brunt

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

well, my car has returned. wife is feeling a bit crap because as usual everything is starting to seize up several hours after the event. the damage to the car doesn't loo too bad as the woman behind has (unfortunately for her) driven straight into the end of the chassis behind the bumpers the full length of the chassis has taken the impact and transferred it through the car.  The cross member behind the bumper is somewhat wonky. and the bonnet doesn't fit as snug as it did so that might need replacing. from the video it looks like my wife had just come to a gentle stop and was just readying to pull away again when the woman behind her hit her and pushed her into the car in front, looks like the fact that neither my wife or the car in front had their foot on the brake has reduced the damage to the car as the car moving has absorbed much of the impact, although this has made the ride for my wife significantly worse.

might not be allowed to put the video up because my wife called her a stupid ****** which is quite clearly audible. i'll work on that.

PROPER !Removed! OFF!!

Some of you may remember me buying those headlights and finding they misted up when on the car. Ive returned them to the chap to re-do them as he said and now he's received them he's accusing me of splitting them myself and ruining them. Saying he probably can't fix them now due to the plastic being in such a bad state! The actual !Removed!! I'm proper fuming. Worst thing is I can't get my money back either due to paying by gift. Argh!!!

And Dog - sorry to hear about that mate. Jesus you're having some bad luck lately! Hope there no lasting damage/pain.

Don't worry about that fella, just get it up (so to speak)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Won't be putting it up because there's all the legal stuff going through now, so I can't put it because it could risk claims etc. Although that's not the wife's reason, that's because she is less than complimentary.

I reckon the wife is going to suffer for this tomorrow because the car lurched when it was hit rather than the car absorb the impact the car lurched and my wife was thrown around like a ragdoll. Luckily she's off tomorrow so I'll be waiting on her no doubt.

Nick, contact with scoobynet is your best bet. Hopefully you'll get something back from them. Sounds like the guy is a crook.

Bank payment through paypal unfortunately and doesn't live close, no.

Sent a few messages, going to see what happens otherwise I'll try reporting him on Scoobynet.

Yea, probably best not to say too much then mate. Hope shes not too bad.

Right, thought I'd update on the accident the other day. Good news is she's insured and accepted all liability, hooray!!

wife ended up in doctors yesterday because she was having difficulty walking about on her ankle and everything really ached, doc says its basically whole body whiplash, everything took a pounding probably because she was tensed up at the time of impact.

I've given the car a decent inspection and there's no visible damage to the front of the car although the bonnet doesn't quite align with the left wing as well as it did, I reckon this is probably because it pushed out a bit as the bumper flexed. the back has two big scuffs on it but its a new bumper. The chassis sections that run the length of the car look ok, car drives straight, tested with no hands whilst braking and accelerating and isn't pulling or anything. no leaks from engine bay. the rear strut though behind the bumper has seen better days but that's pretty easily replaceable. considering the force of the impact and they the ford Ka that hit her was a total loss, even though prior to the accident it was in mint condition I think I may have come out of it pretty lightly. 

the impact at either end didn't even break any glassware or even the number plates.

hoping therefore that this is mostly cosmetic and she'll back on the road and in her full glory in no time, fingers crossed

IMG_2204.jpg

IMG_2220.jpg

• Like 1

Not bad at all considering what had happened, that's another win to Subaru hey ;). Hope your wife feels better soon, whiplash is a nasty thing! When I rolled my first car I was fine for a day or so then BAM I couldn't move haha.

Lets hope they don't come back with the chassis is bent, that's my concern at present.

Wife isn't too bad but she's struggling to move about. Strangely the only bit that seems ok is her neck, but that's probably do to it being a front to back impact and the headrest did its job.

Well im at the local tesco had my youngest son with me. So pulled into the mother and baby if looks could kill woman in a blue Picasso eviling me like I had just flicked !Removed! at her. I love tinted windows [emoji12]

• Like 3