Valuations if possible please.

Hi all,

Right, im just querying,  as some of you know I have a 2002 51 plate impreza WRX. 

It has 86000 on the clock, FSH.

It does require a respray which i intend on being done next week. 

Does wondering what the value would be of selling after respraying or before. 

The car is a cat d from what it states on the log book. 

I have just added new caliper and full set of Brembo pads.

The car runs sweet,

however I think im due a company car, and dont have room for two cars, and with a baby on the way it may not be financially viable. 

I did pay near £2000  about 3 -4 weeks ago, and have spent about £300 on it.

many thanbkspost-2033-0-79219700-1395059458_thumb.jppost-2033-0-45519900-1395059461_thumb.jppost-2033-0-30664100-1395059464_thumb.jppost-2033-0-29945000-1395059466_thumb.jppost-2033-0-94927000-1395059468_thumb.jp

by the way it has been remapped and running around 270bhp. and has been serviced every 3-4k. It has a straight through exhaust and forged dump valve. Always warmed up and cooled down.

The interior is in mint condition, Toad alarm and everything works.

Well I would look at what you want for it and how much it's going to all cost with what you have spent so far. I honestly think you would waste money having it done to sell it on to try make some more money. 

Well hope you don't sell I would keep it as a project weekend car myself but also know how hard things are more so with a baby on the way so appreciate funds might be need also. If I was going to sell I would just make sure it's roadworthy. list it for what you want for it with a few hundred quid more for people to knock you down and just see what the feedback is :)  

Sad to hear you might be selling but always nice with a company car. I would have looked at it at that price when I was buying mine, and would have probably asked more for it now. Paintwork isn't the end of the world as these are second cars for lots of people so they have money to put it right, or used as a trackday car where paintwork isn't as important. Hopefully you will get some good offers very close to the £2000 mark.

Im not 100% as yet. But it is booked in next week for a respray, so not sure what to do, even if i keep it is it worth respraying? I just think its a £1000 i could use taking my mrs on holiday or something, if you know what I mean.

Always room for a Subaru in any mans life ;) 

If you keep it get it resprayed as I said before have it as a weekend car to take the family to the beach in or whatever you like to do. As for doing it to sell I really wouldn't I'd spend the money on other things or any maybe repairs it needs. Not very often you will make money on a car. Myself I would see how thing go after the baby if you can :) 

yeah i might keep it and leave the respray, Maybe ill get a new bonnet where its dented. but its the paint on the right side makes it look really bad and the roof is also quite bad, if it werent for that I could live with it, which I could repray it myself. 

You can always do the wrap yourself, not meant to be that hard with 2 people, and from the videos looks easy enough.

I made money on the last car I had, excluding petrol and insurance, tallied it up when I sold it and made a healthy £31 profit:)

Am i reading right that its registered as a cat d? I'm sure ive seen these sell for £2500-£3000 ish in decent knick (could be wrong though)

If its cat d in my opinion I cant see you getting more than 2k which means any money spent on a respray will be money down the drain unfortunately