TD05 turbo upgrade

hilli182

I guess this may have been covered somewhere before so apologies if it has

If I was to fit td05 turbo to by uk 2000 turbo model, what else would have to be changed in order for it to be a successful mod/upgrade?

Its not something I'm not looking to do it at the minute but just wondered for future reference

Thanks in advance 

doing this at the moment, for worth while, upgrade to sti yellow injectors, fuel pump, DV, and STI newage top mount, also you will desperately need a remap, and will happily see around 320+

the TD05 itself will most likely need adjusting as they are top mount and ours are front mount :)

• Like 1

No the guy just plain blanked me when I asked about it. I think it is a classic but a wrx one. I managed to get the sensor into it but then fitted it and the flange to join to the mid pipe is a different angle lol. The shape and length etc is the right shape tho

I've seen another the is 100% UK version so will see how much it goes for. Going on holiday in few days so can't afford big spending at the minute

No haha i can get there but thats about it. If you google something like jap breakers in batley should come up. It's behind a ralway line. Up a cobbled street anfd you have to go under the line to get to it i'll see if i can dig it out. I spent about an hour just wandering round last time. I was after mk1 mx5 bits. Bit of a dig through was worth it as it only cost 3quid for the bita

Screenshot_2014-03-23-10-29-25_zpsxzmjbg

Looks like they have had a clear out as it used to stretch further right.

You can't take tools in so you wander round find what you want then they come annd remove it for you. May have changed since. Motorhog seem to be buying up all the smaller yards.

Yeah mate i loved it it's only due to the baby that i changed to the foz

Also had an mx5 before this car, needed something bigger, constantly trying to convince myself to get another one as a second car.

I might give that place a look at some point as its not too far from me, although the reviews aren't inspiring confidence within me. Maybe it has changed since you have been Stanton

m old bug had stainless headers, upipe and turbo back 2.5 inch and k&N cone and made 276 and 260 which is very rare for a td04, however i would factor in the possibility of a clutch with a remap as mine shat it self and liked to slip with 18 psi :s

TD05 route is good but tbh only reason im doing it is ive got most of the bits anyway and a closed deck block, and having to get engine bored due to previous owner, my bug was more than liverly enough at 276 and was great on fuel and reliable, much passed the 330-350 and your reliability comes down, so i would say if you use it ever day go td04 route :)

Fair enough thanks for the advice

I forgot to mention it's already got uprated exedy clutch too :-)

Just won a second decat pipe which actually will fit rather than the last one I bought lol