Steering issue

Pommy

Well I have had a little issue for a while which I want to get sorted in the next few weeks. At 60 and above the steering wheel has been wobbling, when turning it feels like the steering is pulling back against me slightly. I had the wheel's balanced and that helped a tiny tiny bit but still problems. The steering rack boots are worn through which is 1 option (have new ones to fit but not the time yet) the other option in my head is the steering rack bushes could be worn.

Could these be causing my symptoms?? Or is there anything else to check??

Any advice welcome.

Thanks

if the boots have failed - depending on how long they have been like that the rack itself could be worn but check the bushes first as this will be an easier fix

Had a 4 wheeo alignment done which should have sorted that. Attached some pictures of the steering rack. Any thoughts? Looks good under the voots but both are ripped

Thanks

Siezed pistons on the brake calipers will give you bad vibration and pulling sometimes but you would notice it more when braking. I would have said balance was out too if its while just normal driving. Dont alway trust them to do it right I had to take a car backbonce after it was meant to have been done the front end felt like it was floating around almost un drivable. When I tokk it back they asked if I had hit anything because it was 13% out I never used King's way tyres again.

Bot tyres got the same amount of wear on ? Have you cchecked the pas fluid condition & level? Shouldn't be a cause of this but you never know,

Maybe just a quirk of the car, I used to havea transit that would start to go mental at 70 over 75 and it would settle down again, never found out what it was but it wss main dealer serviced every year so couldn't have been anything dangerous

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

Stanton - I have checked it and all seems good

Gambit - Had stuck calipers on both sides and replaced them so know its not that. And watched them balance and check it all and it all seemed good to me.

Had the wheels lifted today and had a very good shake of both sides and absolutely no play in any direction, had a look at the cv joints and the boots both seem in perfect condition but didn't take them off to have a look. Only thing that looks broken are the steering rack boots so hopefully it will be them. Will be changing them a week Saturday so hopefully that fixes the problem.

• Like 1