2.0 N/A sport remap?

FRZ45

Well? Is it possible? new ecu? what else can be done? I am spending £580 on exhaust, manifold, sport cat, straight through, and backbox,as well as £280 on a lightened flywheel and £150 on a fast road clutch, induction kit..what one would you guys recommend? cams? is there ones i can get? injectors?  I am planning on spending alot of money on this car, i know the simple option would be to just buy a tubro scooby, but where is the fun in that :P

I wouldn't !! You are prob gonna gain about 3bhp from all of that if your lucky you might get 8-10 bhp

A remap might help the fueling but not get massive gains and won't need a updated clutch

Agree with matt not really worth the money if I'm being honest weight saving would give you better gains and look at the handling and braking, would all be better money spent mate :) 

It does seem like a massive amount to be spending on a car which you won't get much gain from. £580 seems a lot for an exhaust but that's just me. Might as well keep your £1k in your pocket and put it towards a turbo model....

Or as gambit said spend on the styling instead

I'd just do back box and induction kit if you want it to sound better but you won't get much else from adding the other stuff

All just personal opinions end if the day though :-)

I will get a turbo model in the future without a doubt, but I just want to see what I can do to what I have, not to fussed about money, just the joy of modding haha

When I was saying about the brakes and the handling that wasn't just for the look's later braking and more steady car on the corners mean on the power earlier with a bit of taking down the weight should see you get it quicker.   

i looked into tuneing for n/a not much that can be done tbh! remap nobody really remaps the n/as from what i read up throw my research, i have haweye sport, just change the backbox sounds better now and looks better, i went for cobra one, they just bolt on with no grief!! think mine was £185  induction kit im still looking for one for the non turbos but eBay, brought one off eBay but was a dogey seller in the photos showed maf sensor etc, what turned up was a Halfords bolt on jobby with k and n stickers, i went for styling route, lowered on apex springs ( coilovers soon want more lows!)  put bigger wider wheels on( now with better tyres). but i only brought a sport so insurance will insure on wrx when i renew :)

• Like 1

if you're not fussed about money, buy a turbo

if you want to keep yours, get some unequal length headers and you will get the burble, cat back exhaust, green panel filter (you might gain a few bhp), then spend some money on brakes and suspension

is there anywhere in the UK you can get the headers at a good price? all the ones i have seen for sale cost about £1.5k, which is extortionate for an exhaust manifold, but I can see ones in the US for about £140?

I've also got a 2.0 r sport, what's the best way to make it sound a bit more sporty? I'm maiy doing cosmetic things but wouldn't mind it sounding a bit nicer.

I have noticed the exhaust on it right now has STI stamped into the metal on the side. Is that likely to be just trim or had someone at some stage put a different back box on?

Sorry for the thread hijack :p

• Like 1

I've got the same pal, I brought a cobra one off eBay, in like a 4inch or something, if it's got Sti stamped onit probz off a Sti? If so I would change that, as it uses a different diameter exaust/ 2.5 litter engine, I'm looking for induction kit for a sport but don't seem to have much luck, lower it is a another job you should at, as the sports seem to sit quite high, I'll upload a pic of mine,

• Like 2

Yeah I want to lower it. It's on 16's right now but considering getting some 17" to fill the arches a bit more. Just don't want to end up paying a fortune on tyres. Need to see what the price difference is between the different sizes. If it's not much I'll get some.

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk