insurance companies

hilli182

Which companies are you lot using for turbo impress?

Had a bit of a spat with mine and looking for a new one that doesn't charge the earth

1st central are the cheapest on compare the market but not all companies are there

I'm with 'Keith Michaels' they are always cheapest for me. Adrian flux came in with a really cheap quote when I got my renewal from KM, when I got the policy through it was limited to 3k miles :angry: or £180 extra for 5k miles :o, phoned KM and they did a price match with the AF 3k price but with 5k miles :)

A plan usually give good quotes too

with regards to Adrian flux, Dan is on this forum and very helpful. I did it over the phone with one of the telesales women, and I'd already cancelled when I spoke to Dan on here, thing's would probably be different if I'd spoken to him first

Try Sky insurance too (nothing to do with the Satellite company lol). I've been with them for 4+ years now and they've consistently been the cheapest, are helpful and are good with mods - declared all mine on the CTR and my STi and made little difference to the price.

Might be worth signing up to somewhere like Scoobynet, sioc etc. if you haven't yet too as you'll get an extra discount if you mention you're on there. Might even get one for mentioning your on here too.

Found the RAC gave me the best standard car quote

with all mods declared I'm now with adrain flux fully comp .must have spent a good 20 mins listing every mod and agreed a total value figure , so I'll get back exactly what im owed and not just "the book price "

• Like 1

who did you go with?

I wrote my last blob off (265bhp), bought a new one the week after and said it was standard, was quoted £950, I told them I had been buying parts to upgrade last one to 330bhp but hadn't got round to fitting them, so how much will insurance be if I fit them to new one and get 330bhp? £800!!!!

lol thats just sounds daft on there part

1st direct, they were cheapest on comparison sites and couldn't be arsed phoning around others, with my 3 points and previous accident declared came out at £625 so is cheaper than churchill were too so win win

I needed to insure a car a few years back that I was picking up that day as my insurance had ran out I used a quick comparison site that I would have never used normally. Like you they was the cheapest. The renewal will make you laugh too mine was double the amount that the 1st quote was so safe to say I was with them for a year. I can't remember what problem I had but it all started after about 6 months I know i was on the phone constantly to them in barbados and premium rate on hold. it wasn't until then I searched the reviews on them  :o I vowed never to use them again after that. 

Oh that was it I signed up for fully comp and when my Doc's came back it was only third party. And they wouldn't change it  :angry: I'm sure that was the 1st thing but the list goes on.

Heres just a few. I've just pulled off, but for me I would try back out if you can or hold out for the year like I did. 

1)The company is awful, the helpline operators are unhelpful and patronising. I do not normally complain about things but would hate for anyone else to use this awful company.I had a claim made against me, which one didnt happen and i know nothing about, however, they still paid out and i lost my no claims.I REPEAT DO NOT USE!!!!!!!!!!!!!This review is the subjective opinion of a Moneysupermarket user and not of Moneysupermarket.com

2)1st central are the worst providers ever. Their documents are not clear and every time 1 have to phone them, its costing me an arm and leg because of the 0843 number. They cannot access my details if im online and i have to logg off and then phone them back. The advisers are just clueless and so far i have made numerous phone calls which has cost me a total of £21.00 which i know i will not get reimbursed, They have not made it clear on their documents that i am not able to drive any other vehicle 3rd party even i have had this on my previous insurance companies, They want £30.00 to correct any information they have made mistakes on. ANY COMPARISON WEBSITE SHOULD LOOK AT insurance COMPANIES CAREFULLY BEFORE ADVERTISING THEM!!!!!

This review is the subjective opinion of a Moneysupermarket user and not of Moneysupermarket.com.

3)telephone manner near to useless, all i got was to send them an email, after i sent them an email they said about a £50 fine, what i was told via phone calls was different when i recieved emails, they may be the cheapest for me but i will never use again, i keep being told 2 different stories and am now trying to get out of this contract as i have had enough alreay after only being with them for a week..... you have been warned

This review is the subjective opinion of a Moneysupermarket user and not of Moneysupermarket.com.

4)I took out a policy with 1st Central on monthly instalments with a £102 of upfront payment and I thought I was getting a good deal. However I noticed that the date I wanted the policy to start on was wrong and the car was not in my possession at the time. I didn't buy the car in the end so I rang next day to cancel and they said my details are not on the system and to ring 2 days later. Unfortunately I forgot but cancelled the policy within the 14day period. They will deduct £40 ***** cost of cancellation. How do they justify this I do not know. They claim all insurance compnanies operate like this. I could understand £10 canc but £40 They are internet based company. ASK all questions before you take a policy with any company.

5)Glacial customer service lines - with waits of up to 30 minutes. Bored, disenchanted staff obviously reading scripts. Non-customer-friendly attitude. Hard sell on 'extras' (which should really be part of the policy). Worth paying more just to get some sort of customer service. - Horrible!!!

The list goes on mate awful is all I can say out of the 25 reviews I just looked at only 2 was positive, and I would make a guess that they are employed by 1st Central. How the company is still able to trade is beyond me it's that bad mate :(