wrx wheels on forester

Husky11

When I purchased my Forester XT it was already fitted with larger after market alloys. I made sure that I informed my insurance company of this.

The wheels are 17 X 7 J with an Offset of 40 mm. The tyres are 215/50/17 winter tyres ( front 2 are dunlop and rear 2 are Falken )and look to be fairly new ( still had the knobbly bits on ).

I am thinking of getting a set of 16" wheels with larger profile tyres in order to increase the ground clearance and cushion the ride. I would also like to increase the track width.

The current tyres have a diameter of @ 647 mm

The 215 / 65/ 16 's have a diameter @ 686 mm so that should provide an extra 20 mm of ground clearance and smooth out the potholes and speed bumps.

What is the highest profile tyre that will fit a Forester XT with standard height suspension without rubbing?.

I will be changing the rear shocks for KYB's and Springcoil springs ( still waiting for the springs to be delivered at the moment ).

What are the pro's and cons of using suspension lift blocks?.

RE:- widening the track and staying legal..

Looking directly down from the top of the wheel arch I reckon that the tyre edge is set inside the arch top edge by between 10 - 15mm so I could perhaps increase the track by 10 mm or more on each side.

What is the best way to widen the track, is it spacers or do I look for wheels with a lower offset?.

If I could find a set of decent 16" wheels with a lower offset that would also widen the track then I could perhaps sell my 17's to offset the cost.

Thanks

The 16s need to have a 60 profile

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

Look v nice in black my foresters black I was thinking black wheels on mine them wheels r nice :):)that's what I was looking at then the wrx wheels came along now seeing them in black changing of the mind again :):) if u did think of selling I would think about them :):)

Can you not attach a photo to a reply on here.

Click on " more reply options " on the bottom right of the post panel.

I was posting on my phone at the time, photobucket mobile no work, so switched to tablet

20140615_191059_zpse7551671.jpeg

should work now [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-T210

• Like 1

I was posting on my phone at the time, photobucket mobile no work, so switched to tablet

20140615_191059_zpse7551671.jpeg

should work now [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-T210

Like those too [emoji106]

I know mate, been on there for ages now....you'd think the penny would drop at some point.

On my watch list for when it does [emoji6]

Flea bay listing 281362675824 :-D

Some knobber wants 350 for a set like mine ! 15 year old rims I think not. Gotta love the jdm tax !

SOLD  :D

My wife will be killing you in 2 weeks time at NBO hahaha

Haha it's a good job I double checked that listing number you put up mate. My initial assumption was that it was for the £350 wheels like yours. So so pleased I checked.

They'll be here Wednesday and will be going straight on. Plan is then to list mine on gumtree to see if there's any interest locally. If not, I'm not worried as tyres on them are good, so will use for winter.

Happy days [emoji41]

They are the standard fit on the SG pre facelift, same as mine mate. I'm not concerned. He was running them until 2 weeks ago but has just uprated his brakes.

They are the standard fit on the SG pre facelift, same as mine mate. I'm not concerned. He was running them until 2 weeks ago but has just uprated his brakes.

Can't see my calipers being any bigger than the XT standard fit ones