anti lag / launch controle

dezmond_vr6

Anti lag basically causes explosions in the headers, increasing the speed of the exhaust gasses causing the turbo to spool sooner than it would usually.

Pro's

Sounds awesome and hey it spools your turbo earlier[emoji41]

Cons

Puts added heat / stress on headers , upipe , turbo and drivetrain (when you launch it)

• Like 1

hi ,

I have both

if your exhaust valves are inconel not have to use it for a short time.
temperatures rise by much.

you have a great spool, but the car does not brake :D :wacko:
I mounted a electric power brake vacuum pump. ;)

• Like 2

Bang is referring to the use of Iconel instead of stainless or mild steel for the engine exhaust valves - that material can withstand higher temperatures so if you replaced your existing valve train with ones made of Iconel you could run the anti lag for longer periods.

with some ECU setups you can have functions and different maps activated by a switch.

for normal running I wouldnt worry too much about antilag particularly if you use engine braking, launch control could be fun but again you would need a sequence or a switch to activate it other wise every junction / set of lights would be a full on grid start launch

Bang is referring to the use of Iconel instead of stainless or mild steel for the engine exhaust valves - that material can withstand higher temperatures so if you replaced your existing valve train with ones made of Iconel you could run the anti lag for longer periods.

correct,

I apologize if what I write is incomprehensible

use google translator to communicate with you

• Like 1

Subaru Rally Car Launch Control with Antilag:

Basically if you want drama and the ability to do just about every other sub 50k car off the line in a drag race then get it done. Otherwise dont :-D

correct,

I apologize if what I write is incomprehensible

use google translator to communicate with you

No it was fine mate no need to be sorry :) 

Jay can I ask why u would suggest not having it if using engine breaking??

Unless you're doing rallying I doubt you would drive around with anyway it's only really for launching the car for the likes of me and you or to sit there firing it off whilst parked. Rally cars have it on for a full rally stage to keep the turbo spooled one of the reasons you hear the rally cars turbo chatter. But if you listen when they're driving to the start and around the towns that they do to promote the teams they don't have it on at all. It's just a cool thing to have but not necessarily needed. Main reason I guess with the engine braking is the amount of pressure that the engine will be under massive load so using the gears to slow the car down would increase it even more and likely to make it go pop. But you will always have a small amount of engine braking but don't use it to slow the car down. 

:D Only used wrong it is I know a few people who have had it and like matt said most complaints was it killed the clutch and gearbox because it couldn't deal with it. It will also shorten the life of the turbo used a lot but I've not seen anyone moan that it has killed one surprisingly, I thought it would have eaten them. 

The little box next to he airbox with the wires coming from it is where the mass air flow sensor lives. Known to be a weak spot on subarus and if your having an induction kit put on it will be even more prone to dying. Not trying to scare you here, but your mapper will be able to use his wizardry and eliminate the need to use it thus saving you some pennies in the long run

• 3 weeks later...

Anti lag basically causes explosions in the headers, increasing the speed of the exhaust gasses causing the turbo to spool sooner than it would usually.

Pro's

Sounds awesome and hey it spools your turbo earlier[emoji41]

Cons

Puts added heat / stress on headers , upipe , turbo and drivetrain (when you launch it)

what bout water injection kit for turbo?