My Outback....first pictures

david1972

As well as the clay, I used Meguiars ultimate compound to remove a fair few imperfections in the paint, including these finger print stains...

Before....

post-1739-140545580245_thumb.jpg

And after

post-1739-140545582243_thumb.jpg

Before....post-1739-140545586274_thumb.jpg

And after

post-1739-140545588044_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

That looks great.

Can I bring mine round now lol

Cheers

Alan

Give me a few months fella......need a rest!  :P

Thanks for the compliment  :)

Yeah mate, it was me who asked the questions posted on the listing. It's from 2002 model so don't think will fit. Thanks for letting me know though

I have the out backs little brother the XV, that's basically the Impreza hatch on steroids. Subaru love their jacked up off-road cars, and so do I[emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1 to that [emoji41]

I used the next generation car shampoo to start with, then followed that by using the megs ultimate compound to remove blemishes, then the megs clay kit. After that, used autoglym super resin polish and finished off with dodo juice purple haze wax.

I think the OB has stronger suspension and overall is a more rugged car for off-road.

Which Meguiars have you used Dave?

The XV has the same running gear as the outback and the forester I believe, incidentally it also has the greatest ground clearance, so I wouldn't necessarily agree with your comment.

The XV has the same running gear as the outback and the forester I believe, incidentally it also has the greatest ground clearance, so I wouldn't necessarily agree with your comment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pistols at dawn sir!!  :D

I meant between the Leg and the OB...never ever seen an XV but my my they look nice!

;)

Lol, misunderstanding. I would agree with your comment on the legacy and outback differences.

In the last year I've only seen 4 other XVs on the road, as rare as rocking hoss doodoo

I'll put my handbag away now[emoji13]

I do a lot of work which requires me to go on construction sites, I used to have a civic but kept smacking it on the floor. Decided to get something with ground clearance, looked at all the usual suspects inc the outback and the mitzi, Kia, Qashqai and several others but the XV as the best spec for your buck. Would love an outback but the price tag for new ones is quite a bit higher than the XV.

Exactly the same here, its my workhorse. Also we live on a hill and the driveway is quite steep, 1 inch of snow is enough to beat the neighbours X5 but it takes a lot more than that to defeat the woman in black.

The advantage of 50/50 AWD. This was the main reason for my choice. Good ground clearance and full 4 wheel drive, not this pseudo 4x4 where the back wheels put out 30% of the power when the front wheels slip. The Honda CRV system is very good but no match for subarus, Kia have full AWD but it's not 50/50 and engines are a bit weedy, plus it's a Kia. Nissan Qashqai I won't have out of principle because there are so many, I like the fact that no one seems to know what an XV is yet everyone likes it. Haven't tried it in the snow yet but have been through some pretty sticky mud I wouldn't have fancied my chances in the civic with [emoji3]