JapShow Finale Sunday 12th October 2014

Gambit

Like I said I may be able to get a few more however they won't be scoobies, I reckon if we let people know on Monday at the show then we will get some takers, gambit can you put Yorkshire one on facey b as well please

Im just not down with the kids !

There's uk foresters run buy the same people that hae the legacy site (not slagging it off but it's quiet too) I'm not on there but pop on once in a while to see what it's like.

I even took the time to pm everyone that came to the 1st meet to thank them and apologise for the turn out explaining it was just getting off the ground, people were saying it's ok we'll be back etc but havent, fonzey even drove over from goole but I've not seen him for a long time on here.

Same with the two lads that turned up to sheffield with ash nick and me.

I think the main opposition is there is lots or regional clubs that seem to do there own thing and are happy with it. Apparently theres a leeds scoobies club, I'm !Removed! of I can find it. No website or owt must be a secret society !

Thats the thing I don't get we're a national club and I welcome the local clubs to come here like Surrey Scoobies and so on. For me there is no local subaru club near me so this is as good a place to make it home but can't seem to get them to join. People even said it's really friendly place I think it's ran in a great way, we have some massive companies involved still waiting on Subaru UK to get back to me. I would like to try get them to come with us on the club stands at these event when possible to show off the new range of cars, so I'm always looking for ways to progress. I've noticed a massive influx of people signing up but still not saying hello or anything. I've even seen people sign up pay for membership and still not say hello lol  :wacko:

Thats whats gutting we only need another two and japfest two was pretty good turn out in the end I thought we would have had this bagged quicker. I know the month isn't like summer time but meant to be pretty nice until the end of November. I know it's silly but people do judge a club by the events like this. We have members just not all interested in going to event's which is fine but to get ten I didn't think would be so hard now with doing both japfests :( 

Nice one mate I'm on Lincolnshire Subaru owners club none of them seem to be members :) But I don't mind either way. For me Subaru ownership should never be about rivalry between clubs or mods on your car. We all wave when we pass a fellow brother in a scoob, work as one is a better way, if they have members that want to talk **** fuckem thats the type of people that was never welcome here in the 1st place and I hope they sell up soon ;)  . Only thing that !Removed! me off is that they had a member come here and say Hi, less than 30 minutes later started spamming about them, now I have no problem at all we're not an Impreza club we're a Subaru club and welcome anyone here. I don't hold the full club to account be wrong of me to judge. But didn't even give us a chance to reply before going on to say how great it was. :( Maybe after 9 years I've started to see the bad side of Subaru ownership I just hope I'm wrong and Scooby.net isn't just a one off 

Just think people have joined there local club ,got to know people and stuck with it suppose ,when i owned an fto tere was only one club with subaru there is like 3 in my area alone lol lol

I don't care just want my subaru on a stand lol but I want to go with this club as I put my name down here first and i like the vibe here

I didn't want to come across as though I was spamming on there website lol lol lol

I think people will always follow the crowd, hell look at iphone, like sheep with that damn thing even my Daughter lol. If it's local to them and there mates are doing the same thing bound to happen. But I've spoken to some local clubs, say local not near me but I know the guys who run the local clubs. One of them even said to me it's the 1st time in 8 years he's had to cancel the local meet and hasn't decided when the next meet will take place that was 2 weeks ago :( So I'm not sure myself what to make of that, if Subaru ownership has taken a turn for the worse or it's a bad hiccup  that everyone is facing. I can say that has come from 3 local Subaru owners club Admins if you like. :( I'm on the fence with the full facebook thing maybe I've been left behind with it lol, But I'm not a fan of facebook knowing everything I do. Might be able to tell by my comments feeling deflated with my personal stuff as well as trying to sort out my relax time with I.e this club. But I think it's our 1st year of events as a club and I don't want just imprezas on the stands :D 

But I have to question myself maybe the good do die young :D 

And I won't stand on my own local clubs stand so for me I won't join anyone I'm not part of. But won't say others shouldn't :)

I will say a lot of meets and shows I've been to this year have been particularly quiet. Even JAE was really quiet this year compared to previous experience. Subaru's have been putting in a pretty bad show overall. Wonder if they're just getting in the wrong hands lately? I also wonder if all the different clubs are hurting bigger meets. It's difficulty to get a good group together when there's 20+ different clubs for each region across the internet/areas. Each will have a couple that want to go which doesn't help any of us as no club can get the numbers.

I also hate how much we have to rely on Facebook for so much of this stuff lately. It's just not the same, you don't get anywhere near the same community spirit on there as on a forum. And generally they're mostly twats that just use that. Not all by any means, but most are.

I will say a lot of meets and shows I've been to this year have been particularly quiet. Even JAE was really quiet this year compared to previous experience. Subaru's have been putting in a pretty bad show overall. Wonder if they're just getting in the wrong hands lately? I also wonder if all the different clubs are hurting bigger meets. It's difficulty to get a good group together when there's 20+ different clubs for each region across the internet/areas. Each will have a couple that want to go which doesn't help any of us as no club can get the numbers.

I also hate how much we have to rely on Facebook for so much of this stuff lately. It's just not the same, you don't get anywhere near the same community spirit on there as on a forum. And generally they're mostly twats that just use that. Not all by any means, but most are.

Exactly mate, my comment wasn't to offend anyone so sorry if it did. I think you might be right with the events I was expecting Japfest 2 to have more stores selling a lot more stuff, possible still suffering the after shock of the recession. I'm going to go with it wasn't organized as well as it should have been loads left early as well I always think thats a bad sign.... Not from our club we was one of the last lot to go. 

I agree with Facebook and a majority of pricks use it I've seen what get's posted on our clubs wall by a few Steve even removed a comment I made to one guy after he felt the need to comment on a picture of someones Subaru.  :angry: I think one of my other frustrations is I can't get stuff done on the forum as quick as I would like. the Selling section. the Flag's ect ,ect  :(

With the local clubs and organizers of meets I've always tried to get them to join us to help with inviting people from here to the local meets so we're used to broaden the search if you like :) So we can help each other thats how I got on to finding out the local clubs have been struggling. Two of them are in cities too, just don't want to drop any names :D

May be a daft idea that would turn out a bit like country & western night on phoenix nights, and I know we keep on inviting people to join us, has anyone tried to get some affiliation going with the hundreds of regional clubs ?

If some are not attracting the numbers and less people are going to meets I can't see the problem wih joining a national club (us) the more people there are to support each other and generally be better for all of us,

Like gambit says we're the only national subaru club and that goes a long way due to all the models covered ect.

Problem I see is that other forums, look down their noses at the rest of the subaru model line up so everything has been segregated which cant be good for sharing the knowledge

Gambit and fellow members, I can see how frustrating it must be trying to get members to make an effort and support the club, but all this Facebook !Removed! isn't for me! (Sorry) I've seen what **** and back stabbing it can inflicted so for that I must say no. Gambit I will say that your heart and loylty are in the club, and for that I'll surport you whenever I can. We are a subaru club,so as said before there all welcome,and all should feel welcome no mater what. Well done to all that have surportted the club in the past, I'm only a new member but what I've seen already is all good, well done to all. See you there.

• Like 1

Thats what I've been doing with the local clubs that I know the owners/founders if you like of the clubs, to join us and make them the regional coordinators for that area. But somehow have found it very difficult to get people onboard, not sure why they're worried as the forum is generally pretty active now from looking at the logs and we get a **** tonne of traffic past through on a daily basis. Highest I have ever seen it in 2 years anyway so must be a good thing from our point of view :) 

Maybe I have to keep chipping away at them like my victims chase them down until they tire  :ph34r:

But as you have said Stants by doing it that way I'd have hopped if any of the members from both clubs us and the local club can help us with doing the local meets and if they're not the bigger events like japfest and so on join us. I mean I have to keep reminding myself it is the 1st year of doing the events. We also have no set structure with organization of the events either. Getting the lists done in the new year started might be better with payments forms so it can all be done really early on :D 

Gambit and fellow members, I can see how frustrating it must be trying to get members to make an effort and support the club, but all this Facebook !Removed! isn't for me! (Sorry) I've seen what **** and back stabbing it can inflicted so for that I must say no. Gambit I will say that your heart and loylty are in the club, and for that I'll surport you whenever I can. We are a subaru club,so as said before there all welcome,and all should feel welcome no mater what. Well done to all that have surportted the club in the past, I'm only a new member but what I've seen already is all good, well done to all. See you there.

Cheers mate :wub:  I agree with the full Facebook thing, and will always say it has helped destroy the internet. I think it allowed a whole bunch idiots with no internet skills the ability to use it, thats now spilled on to other parts i.e the increase in trolls :( on youtube forums and so on. 

I think I will try speak direct with the organizers early on to try get the event sign up's really early on with full sign up and payments. I think we will need to be posting the local meets we hold and the events to bring more on the forum. What I find annoying over 2k members and 10k on facebook and still being 2 members short for the minimum amount :lol: It's more frustrating than being at a strip club and not being able to touch ;)

Haha well if everyone didn't keep deserting me in west yorks I could have roped in some more people !

That lad with the classic joined up a month or so ago hasn't been back and I've not seen his car around either.

Ash may have managed to get some more people from the meet last night. It'a very frustrating aren't we only one car short now ?

Too easy to like stuff on fb just for the kudos of being associated with it.

I think it's time for gambit to suit up and we'll start going round the houses