Another possible noob with a few questions!

scoobypmp

I was getting about 25-28mpg out of the mazda subaru between 21 urban and 32 motorway so not much difference, I don't do a massive amount of milage a week so 25-30quids worth of vpower does me. Learning to stay off boost and be sensible helps alot too :-D

Maintenance wise changed arb's shocks and various other bits o the mazda, I've not had the time to work on the subaruuas became a dad last year, but it's pretty much the same you can take it apart with a 10, 12, 14mm spanner and a couple of screwdrivers.

Parts wise only major difference in costs has been a cambelt and accessories change, about 200 for the mazda double for the scoob.

Cool, that's settled my mind a bit. There was a little niggle in the back of my mind that it was going to be really expensive to run a Scoob, then when I saw the tightly packed engine bay I was a little overwhelmed!!

I've had to deal with a lot of rusted bolts and screws made of cheese on the Mazda, so that'll be nothing new. But at least I'll stop draining the Battery when I forget to unplug the curlers!!

I don't suppose anyone here lives near Kingston do they? The more I think about it, the more I like the Sccob I saw there. Only thing that's worrying me is the fact that I'm a noob and may have missed something when I looked at it, and it's a bit of a long way for me to keep going back to it. I was wondering (if anyone is local to it) if someone could take a look to make sure it's ok before I take the plunge? I'd hate to buy one with serious problems because it'd put me off Scoobs for life!!

Umm yeah I would be happy at 1600ish , it's got the rare wheels tho. !!

Look at it stone cold , pop the bonnet and start it up , put it under a slight load. ( about 2k ) and if you hear a rattle it groan walk away

Nice colour too

that was the exact spec i was looking for when i was after my wagon, but my wagon had the PPP kit on and was a steal of a price so i wanted it really bad!

Arches look ok in the pictures, Easy way to check is get in the boot and shine a torch down the inner arches and look for rot, Its about 700 quid job to do properly as a worst case scenario!

Any service history with it ? Cambelt? Clutch? and crunches when it goes into gear?

I travel the uk for work but not in that area at the moment im afraid !

Shame you dont like wagons and looking the other week i had a nice v5 wagon that was pretty tidy for £700! then for a member on here would of chucked in all my spares off my blue one i dont use