Air temp fault ?

Scooby snigs

Hi advise please . My check engine light is coming on intermittently ,hooked it up to code reader the only thing it lists is the history ,which is air temp fault , reset the fault pulled up at garage with fault showing ,only to find no new codes listed ,anyone any ideas ? .the warning light comes on and off whilst driving ?please help

The air temp fault could be a old code stored from a previous fault that had been fixed but they hadn't reset your ecu afterwards .

If the eml light comes on I'd have thought it should have flashed up a code .

What's the year / model and what are you using to read /reset the codes ?

If it's not broke .....upgrade it 😊

It's a 2.0ltr sport 1999 .the guy at garage says when he put reader it came up with a few faults which he cleared all bar the air temp fault which wouldn't clear . He told me to take it in next time light came on and stopped on which I did but I left it ticking over ,as soon as he got to plug into car the light went our no new faults shown .not sure what reader he was using . Since this happens the light has only been on once for a couple of minutes then cleared .it resets when ignition is turned off &on . Car has been standing for approx 5 yr previously .?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...