Newb here :D and some advice?

Taiwan85

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Elephant said:

cat d is a easy fix tho doesnt bother me , i wouldnt pay over 10k for one personally, too old for me and not reliable enough 

I like the newer saloon though on about a 11 plate 

An impreza p1 is worth £15k and is much older and 22b's are selling for crazy money and are also very old. the age doesn't necessarily determine the price. I could of bought a brand new fiesta/corsa if all I wanted was a new car. Whether you would personally spend £10k on one would be your decision. 

As for the cat D, whether it bothers you or not, that is the reason it's £9k. 

19 minutes ago, Elephant said:

yeah true, i looked at a rb5 "limited edition" before i got mine, was nothing special i thought 

i was just saying that there are plenty good examples under your estimated price

There's some yes. But my estimation was based on a good, clean and well maintained example of an STI with good history and mileage. 

You cant list a load of previous write offs, wrx's and spec D's and say look at all these I found for less. 

That would be like someone saying my e46 m3 is worth £10k, then someone saying "no it's not, I've seen 330ci's going for £4K"

1 hour ago, Elephant said:

Tho 2 were sti exactly as you described sub 10k ??

I didn't say you couldn't find them under £10k, but generally if you want a good one they are between £10k-£13k ish. One sold for £22k on eBay recently with 9000 miles on the clock. And yes there are a few cheaper ones. 

If your brother really did pay £7900 for a fully forged hawk STI, that is the bargain of the century and fair play to him. 

so there you go @Taiwan85, with your £8k budget you should be able to get yourself a fully forged hawk sti, with enough change for a couple of tanks of v-power. That's definitely the route I would go down. 

13 hours ago, HawkSTI said:

I didn't say you couldn't find them under £10k, but generally if you want a good one they are between £10k-£13k ish. One sold for £22k on eBay recently with 9000 miles on the clock. And yes there are a few cheaper ones. 

If your brother really did pay £7900 for a fully forged hawk STI, that is the bargain of the century and fair play to him. 

so there you go @Taiwan85, with your £8k budget you should be able to get yourself a fully forged hawk sti, with enough change for a couple of tanks of v-power. That's definitely the route I would go down. 

Im never that lucky. It'll be forged from someone's back garden hammer and anvil, Put together by some monkey. 👌

Ill stick to something quite decent and unmolested as much as possible. 

I know you said to go blue @HawkSTI

but this has popped up on the radar? What you think? Worth a look? 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/182672392010 

@Taiwan85 I clicked the link but it says it's been removed, maybe sold already?

and if you ever are lucky enough to find a forged hawk sti for less than £8k, snap it up and you should be able to sell it for at least £4K profit. There is no such thing as a fully forged hawk sti for £8k. 

23 minutes ago, kershaw-330s said:

I see people on that page trying to sell wide tracks for 15k it's a joke tbh

£15k is a bit steep like, I couldn't believe that white one with 9k miles Sold on eBay for £22k the other week. Crazy. 

the chap was getting divorced it was up for 10, then we was watching on eBay and best offer he wasnt listening and it was listed again and again and again but the distance put us off then said he would take 8k if we was there within 2 days. If people are desperate. Yes its a good car and a bargain price you just got to hold out they are out there.

think i overpaid for my blob wrx i paid 5500 for that! its only got 34k on the clock and im second uk owner. I am worried about its history though or could it been clocked??

I think 5k is about right for a good condition performance car especially as yours has low miles , i doubt it would've been clocked just look at past mots it would show up

18 minutes ago, Elephant said:

think i overpaid for my blob wrx i paid 5500 for that! its only got 34k on the clock and im second uk owner. I am worried about its history though or could it been clocked??

That sound a good price if it's a one owner car with that mileage. A good way to check the mileage is to download an app to check mot history and see if there are any points where the mileage has gone down between mot's. 

14 minutes ago, Elephant said:

the bumper was quite stonechipped thats what i thought anyway! i havent used it much lately. They are nice cars . I think it was imported about 2011 so its a bit vauge before then

Even better if it's a jdm spec one. I'm not sure what the differences are in jdm spec to uk on a wrx but I'm pretty sure the jdm's are worth a bit more 🤔

9 minutes ago, Tidgy said:

wrx will prob be about 40% the value of a sti, a forged engine will prob add 2-3k to the price of a hawk sti.

5k for a blob wrx is strong money

This is the issue. the money i would put into a blob wrx, to make it half fun, will be the money i would have paid for a blob sti I feel. so have decided that route.
put the link up on my phone, which obviously rubbish. 
Link for the car again is....
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Subaru-Impreza-2-0-WRX-STI-Type-UK-DCCD-PRO-DRIVE-PACK-FINANCE-AVAILABLE/222584874817?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

My 04 gttdi golf is £506 to insure for the year. The STi is £512 with the same company. makes no sense, im either stupidly overpaying for the daily golf, or the sti is cheap.
im 32 with 9 ish years no claims... living in subaru country haha
checked a few years ago, when i had my nissan 200sx, and they wanted nearly £2500 out of me for a classis wrx. £1800 for a sport, yet my mods declared 200sx, stage1a (circa 270-290hp) was £700... go figure.
i think it depends on who you get on the phone tbh. always seems hit and miss.

43 minutes ago, Taiwan85 said:

This is the issue. the money i would put into a blob wrx, to make it half fun, will be the money i would have paid for a blob sti I feel. so have decided that route.
put the link up on my phone, which obviously rubbish. 
Link for the car again is....
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Subaru-Impreza-2-0-WRX-STI-Type-UK-DCCD-PRO-DRIVE-PACK-FINANCE-AVAILABLE/222584874817?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

I would definitely go for the sti, having had both. The wrx is good, but the sti has all the things you'd want to upgrade on a wrx already done, and should hold value better.