Hi Guys

diable

From London and new to the forum, signed up as I am looking for more info about Subarus before I take the plunge so any help and advice would be appreacited.

I was looking at Legacy's but then a Legacy BP5 JDM Twinscroll import caught my eye, would I be nuts to consider an import and are there any horror stories that I should be aware of.

Thanks

Thanks Jay will have a read, will be a bit weird moving from a Lotus Elise.

Was thinking something like this.

Is there any point in getting a remap done and can the speed limiter be removed or is there no point another thing the Sat Nav are they easy to replace to a UK one?

Thanks

Screen Shot 2017-08-14 at 09.19.38.jpg

Welcome! 

Good choice! The twinscrolls are superb and wouldnt hesitate myself.  That one looks lovely and in white. 

A map may be worth it depending on how fussed you are about limiter.  You don't have to push the power really.

Don't recollect seeing any stories 're difficulties on the sat nav.  Any good audio place should be able to sort whatever. 

22 minutes ago, GeoffLeggy said:

Welcome! 

Good choice! The twinscrolls are superb and wouldnt hesitate myself.  That one looks lovely and in white. 

A map may be worth it depending on how fussed you are about limiter.  You don't have to push the power really.

Don't recollect seeing any stories 're difficulties on the sat nav.  Any good audio place should be able to sort whatever. 

Thanks Geoff, what are the prices like for a map and what are the benefits apart from removing the limiter? I suppose like with all turbos, oil oil oil check it and change it regularly.

Depends where you go but £350 upwards I'd say.   You can have it mapped to run optimally on our fuel and add a little more like if you wanted. Remember you will want to run on v power ideally or momentum so not cheap to fill up! 

100% right, oil oil oil!! 

Thanks again, I am downgrading from 3 cars to 2 and the Legacy will take the place of the Lotus Elise as well as the bog standard Clio, I won't save much on the VED but the parking permit, MOT, insurance should help towards the additional fuel bill also the Lotus has only done 2200 miles in the last year, the Clio 1400 miles and the E30 681 miles which is sad to be honest.