Remember to Check Your Arches People! Even on Early Newages

mfnick

Just a friendly reminder guys to keep thoroughly checking and cleaning the inside of your arches. Found a couple of very small bubbles starting to develop on my rear arches on my 2003 Impreza :(. :( . Just speaking to a mate who has a bugeye and he's got them forming on his too. The newages are still far better than the classics with their rear arches but still not impervious and seems the earlier ones are now starting to show signs.

I've just booked it in to get the bad metal cut out, new put in with full rust treatment, respray and waxoyl and a full check and rustproofing on the other side and rest of the car - which isn't showing any signs yet but got to be safe.

• Like 2

Yea I've been cleaning mine out regularly but it's not been enough - unless part of the damage had already done with the previous owner if he didn't do them much. Could do with jacking it up to give them a proper scrub out from time to time.

Can't believe how much salt is on the road still either. Just from the 30 min drive to and from GR mine has gone from being clean to having white spray marks all over. :(

Well mine is 17 now so I'm quite happy that there's only that little amount. I do clean down and underseal & waxoil her every year. This last week has been horrendous, Done 100 miles and it looks like I've been to middle earth and back.

What you had done at gr mate ?

Yea you're doing really well if that's all you've got. Must be doing a good job with your clean down and oiling up ;) . I've seen many that are about the same age as yours that are completely knackered around there.

I just had him check the boost levels as my gauge has been showing it to be high. Turns out it's just my gauge, it's rubbish lol. Well, I say that but he says it's quite common with some makes of gauges. More details are in the "what have you done to your Subaru today" thread.

Yea I've heard of it getting under the spoiler too. 1 job at a time though ;). Worse case, it's easier to get a new boot that replace the rear panels though haha

Can't say I've got any at the seals though thankfully.