Impreza turbo 2000 uk

Scoobyghost

Cheers Chris. It'll be nice to see how they both end up.

I've just been trying to sort an exhaust blow. No joy. Fitted new gasket but the old downpipe is bent on the flange so doesn't sit flat. Its in on the 11th april for the decat to be fitted so it's a case of putty until then. I really don't like temp fixes.

Roger Clarke fuel pump fitted today. Nice and easy job really. Ran into one issue; my old pump had a blue and black wire running from the pumps feed which went to a black box/relay. Made a phone call to my mechanic and he suggested it may be a pressure regulator. Regardless I went on to use the old wiring instead of the new plug rcm supplied.

All back together and turn of the key...fired up perfectly. Not to suggest the pump would be faulty but more my clumsy sausage fingers breaking something. Let her warm up and went for a spirited drive up the dual carriageway and she runs beautifully. Now just a tense wait for 11th when the decat goes on and the 16th with Duncan!

Decat downpipe fitted today. Went reasonably well. Had a couple seized nuts but they soon let go.

The throttle response is crazy now and the sound is beautiful. The turbo is really distinct now.

I'm so hyped up for Thursday and the remap now I'm basically wetting myself.

post-3548-142875713442_thumb.jpgpost-3548-142875714245_thumb.jpg

Video to follow.

• Like 1

What's yours a v5, 1999 ?

I ended up buying savages sti cooler with pipework included, as got fed up waiting for one to get made for the foz, was cheaper in the end. Think scoobyworld and the likes usually carry them in stock, or try viper performance as they are loads chaeper than everyone else as they make massive batches up at once

Mine was a direct swap v3 normal to v3 sti so no mods or map required like I say only changed it for the y pipe as they couldn't be arsed making me one. Spools up so much quicker now

Theres a thread in the engine section about i/c info it's a good read regarding effectiveness,

New age ones will fit with bracket modifications and I suspect they'll need mapping due to increasing volume of air.