Impreza turbo 2000 uk

Scoobyghost

I haven't had the time to do a proper update but here we go.

So as you know I was booked in to Duncan on the 16th of April. I can't speak enough praise for Duncan. He greeted me straight away and he set about strapped my the car down. He put the 3 port solenoid on in a flash and as he was setting up I was bombarding him with questions and he was more than happy to answer. Hes got the patience of a saint since I was like a kid at Christmas.

On the first run after fitting the 3 port she made 250hp all seemed well. Out came the laptop and Duncan went about making magic. Still answering all my questions in the mean time.

Second run after now being remapped. I was in to video this one but the fan was far too noisy. I'll post the video anyway. She made 276bhp and 280ft-lb. When it was all done Duncan had a massive smile on his face and commented my car is running perfectly. I was dead chuffed hearing those comments. Especially for the old girl considering her mileage.

The performance is astonishing. The gears come and go so quick and before you know it you'll be breaking the speed limit. [emoji15] I have found a slight boost cut in 4th between 5-6k rpm. Spoke to Duncan and he's offered to come to my house to tweak the boost a touch.

I'm now running 1.3bar and the turbo comes in real early. I'm topped out on my turbo now so if I do want to break 300 I need a td05 of vf##. I don't have any more plans at the minute to go for extra power. I'm having far too much fun with this now [emoji2] [emoji2]

I'm sure ive missed loads as you can see I'm still really excited about this all. I've finally got a well running impreza and it's tuned by me so I know what's what and where's where.

Next on the list will be arb, drop links and bracing. I'm also going to pick up some better pads to keep on top of the power increase.

Pics to follow.

• 4 weeks later...

Had Duncan out the other day to sort out my boost cut issue.

Be explained that its likely to be the target bar is too close to the limit. The cure for that wasn't to drop the target but increase the limit. In his own words my car runs perfectly(slipped that in for the ego boost). My target is 1.3bar and limit of 1.5bar now.

Thanks again to Duncan. He came to my house to sort it and still had time for a little chat!

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered my 60mm pod from ETS. £20! Dave is a star. Made it over the weekend for me so he can ship it for Monday. Also found my depo 4-1 gauge in Germany. Another top bloke as when I told him I was in the UK he boxed the gauge up straight away so I'll receive it by the end of the week. Smiles all round for the quality service provided by these companies. Should be a fun weekend.

Had a few spare hours this afternoon so decided to fit my gauge. Great help from stants, savage and gambit keeping me in the right directions. Electrics are not my strong point.

In the end I decided to use the radio loom as I really didn't fancy cutting into the cars loom. Couldn't live with myself if I had done [emoji22] All plugged in and cables hidden away keeping the cabin tidy. Just waiting for adapters to arrive for the oil sender's but boost and voltage are plumbed in and working well. Only made a quick video showing it in action which I will post in a sec. Overall dead chuffed with Dave at ets and Sven from final stage(eBay shop name) both of them have given me non stop help and advice through all of this.

The adapters arrived today so I intended to fit both but ran into a bit of trouble. Started on the oil pressure sender which started without a hitch. Pretty simple alternator out old switch of and adapter in. Yea...that was easy. Unfortunately after putting everything back together and firing it up I heard the undeniable sound of oil leaking...

All back off and a check of the bolt. It seemed well. What was actually wrong is the joining bolt between the braided line and the end bolt. Tightened it up and all seems well but I've hit myself with an extreme amount of paranoia.

Started it up and it went to 6.0 bar on cold start. Gradually dropped to 2.0bar. Went for a run and it peaks and holds at 6.0 bar. Even after a run it idled at 2.0bar. Oil is just below full. 10w40 in it now and 10w40 Miller's cfs going in towards the end of the week.

Smokes and sticks of oil now. Really quite worried it'll come loose when driving despite me checking time and time again for leaks. Even after the run which I hit full boost through 3rd gear it doesn't show any further leaking. I cleaned it all with brake cleaner and a special rag.

Tomorrow I'll have a bash at the temp gauge. Pics to follow.

Sorry mate I should have mentioned the tape [emoji26] I put it on all the threads from the flexi thing to the ally block t piece, not sure about yours but I bought a gallery plug from subaru and it came with an orange loctite substance on it

Yeah I had loctite. But the issues wasnt the t piece joins or the end join to the block. When I can get the pics up you'll see what I mean [emoji4]

Just made it to work and all is clean so I'd say it doesn't leak. Doesn't stop me from worrying though.

• 2 months later...

Been a while since I made any updates.

We had a smashing day at japshow I won't bore you there.

Car is currently in the shop having new seals fitted as the front input shaft seal had been leaving me little puddles. I'll do a full write up and pictures when it's all done.

Got the car back today from having the seals replaced in the gearbox. Had my own mechanic do it and I'm total cost £200. He did say "never again" [emoji23] Hardest bit seemed to be getting the selectors and last section back on with it all staying lined up. I'm well chuffed with the report. Gearbox shows very little sign of wear and no damage whatsoever despite reading almost 168k miles now.

Clutch was in good health and he wouldn't have changed it anyway. I have a few pictures from the rebuild.

post-3548-143965655645_thumb.jpgpost-3548-143965656735_thumb.jpgpost-3548-143965659003_thumb.jpgit also got stuck on these little alignment studs.

post-3548-143965661296_thumb.jpgclear signs of oil leak.

post-3548-143965663347_thumb.jpgpost-3548-143965663978_thumb.jpgpost-3548-143965665266_thumb.jpgpost-3548-143965665939_thumb.jpgThe offending seal. All that work for a £6 rubber seal [emoji23] post-3548-143965669753_thumb.jpgScooby was watching [emoji12]

• 3 months later...

It's been a while...

Recently bought a whiteline 22mm rear adjustable anti roll bar. Preloved of course and slight surface rust so I've been sanding it down ready to paint. Almost done with that.

In the mean time I had a small oil leak on the RH rocker gasket. Common issue as we all know. It was leaking down at the back near the uppipe. Ordered all the bits from icp and cracked on with it. Took roughly 3 hours. No major issues. All slotted back nicely and very little money in the swear jar even to my surprise.

post-3548-144943403886_thumb.jpg

All other pictures are too big. damn you tapatalk.

Considering I bought the rarb it'd be rude to put that on without the compliment of new droplinks. I was on the fence for a while where to buy from and then these popped up at a price I couldnt refuse. I'm hoping to fit the fronts next week. If all goes well and I finish the bar midweek I'll get the rear done too.

Minor addition, had an oil service. Now on 170,000miles and you'd still mistake her for 70,000 [emoji5]

I think that's about it all caught up for now.

post-3548-144943415272_thumb.jpg