GMInsites WRX Hatch

GMInsite

Was ok i did not lap in the subaru was too knackered the first day i got there, it is a long drive from Le Mans to Nurburg.

I took out a Scirocco TSI the next two days which was fun.

The subaru is going to be getting lapped every day at the ring and i am lucky enough to have secured a job there from august :)

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

Ok so an update as its been a month.

On my last ring trip the gearbox started to pop out of 1st and 3rd so this is now out and off to be refurbed.

I have collected parts ready to go on when its back these include:

Fidanza lightened flywheel

Perrin wing risers

Goodridge clutch line

Rear DS2500 pads

Perrin fuel rail

Injector dynamics 725cc injectors

Cosworth pitch mount

It is all coming together quite nicely now and can not wait to move it to the ring.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Ok since i have been living at the Nürburgring and lapping daily the subaru has been quite remarkable. Only current issue is the gearbox yet again!

Good job it has warranty. Can anyone let me know how easy there 5 speeds are to get in reverse? This is actually a pain in my back side as it takes several attempts to put it in reverse.

I was thinking about putting a vf34 turbo off a sti on to my wrx but the prices seem silly considering the price of rotated turbo kits.

So the subaru is back off to the UK to get the box back out and sent off again aswell as a uprated helix clutch so no more clutch judder or deceleration noise

Ok since i have been living at the Nürburgring and lapping daily the subaru has been quite remarkable. Only current issue is the gearbox yet again!

Good job it has warranty. Can anyone let me know how easy there 5 speeds are to get in reverse? This is actually a pain in my back side as it takes several attempts to put it in reverse.

I was thinking about putting a vf34 turbo off a sti on to my wrx but the prices seem silly considering the price of rotated turbo kits.

So the subaru is back off to the UK to get the box back out and sent off again aswell as a uprated helix clutch so no more clutch judder or deceleration noise .

Im after a aftermarket inlet manifold if anyone knows where to get one.

Have you tried contacting Tarmac Sportz? They do lots of aftermarket parts for the hatch plus Chris offers great support.

Might also like Strut brace and coilovers lol so basically most of the car.

Feel free to pm me some prices and I can let you know about stock parts on mine to swap back to you.

--

I make Films, Websites and social media for people

Blimey like vultures :D , Strut brace has already gone as it did not fit over the intercooler :D

I have already off the car:

Perrin wing riser kit

Perrin fuel rail

Injector dynamics 725cc injectors

Sorry haha just enjoying your build and added a few bit to my list after seeing what you have done.

I think someone was looking for injectors so they might go quick as well.

--

I make Films, Websites and social media for people

I have the stock intercooler so can sort that for you as I was planning to get the grimmspeed one. I am also get my exhaust done soon so will have the stock one taken off mine as well.

--

I make Films for businesses and people. I also make websites.