Project Hilda (honorary 6 stars)

timmyjk7

pssst mate - dont tell anyone but you have put the body work on back to front, if you change it quick I dont think anyone will notice :lol:

- Always interested in good old engineering challenges so would be interested to follow, would you like this in the project threads as an 'honourary' six stars build?

• Like 1

Oh jeez I didn't realise that ha ha ha! Rear engined rwd is the way forward!

Yea in happy for you to do that! Thanks

Yup - Porsche having being saying that for years :)

Its a TU5 8v 1600 from a Saxo VTR however it is running a Megajolt, Newman PH3 fast road camshaft, Racelands 4-2-1 exhaust manifold, custom Longlife Exhaust silencer (well not that silent :lol: ), Bog Brothers inlet manifold and Honda Fireblade bike carbs. We put the original Saxo on the rollers and it made 96bhp so with the modifications we are expecting 120-135 bhp but it weighs less than 750kg so should be pretty nippy!

The exterior has a custom carbon "Sport" bootlid, custom carbon front bib spoiler and a custom grille. Interior is fully stripped out with historic OMP TRS Legend bucket seats, Safety Devices historic loop roll cage, OMP 4 point harnesses, OMP rally deep dish suede steering wheel and custom Stileto dash with Dolphin gauge clusters. Cooling and fueling has been improved with a MG TF front mounted radiator with wheel arch vents, larger capacity ally fuel cell mounted in OEM position (at the front). The brake system and suspension has been upgraded to GAZ fromt adjustable coilovers with rear GAZ adjusting dampers, Monte Carlo lowering springs all round which gives the car a very nice ride height (or will be wehn we sort it out as its not sitting right!). The brakes on the front have been upgraded to Fiesta Zetec S disc conversion and the rear drums have been cleaned and refurbished. The car has also been extensively polybushed and has new steel braided hose lines. Wheels are gold Minilites 8" front and 9" rear wrapped in Falken rubber.

Finally the transmission is a 4 speed Mk3 Imp gearbox built by Reg Pattern using beefer diff pins. This is mounted to the engine using a custom adaptor plate. The clutch system has been taken from a Sierra 4x4.

There is probably so much more I have missed but you get the gist on how much work has gone into this car ...... and money lol

• Like 1

Went to try and upload the pics at the weekend but there are just too many..

This is the link to the full build page on Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/?_rdr#!/media/set/?set=a.377896038960059.88154.114076275342038&type=1

I have put a video on Youtube awhile back when we first got it running albeit with a temporary exhaust from a Tiger kitcar. The new exhaust has since been fitted: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64UyJbX4I9w

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys for the kind comments! It has become a proper marmite car with the Imp owners but I love it and that picture shows how far its come along these past 6 years. Its the final stages now so I'm getting more excited!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Mini FB update!

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5342038&type=3

Its been a tough few months with the car. Had some "issues" with a bodyshop and long and short the bodywork wasnt repaired which has caused damage to my freshly painted car!

I have also been tempted to sell the Scoob but thats for another thread :(

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thought I would post some new pics of Hilda now she pretty much done. Took her on a road test over Christmas and wow is she great to drive. Just a few little gremlins to resolve but shouldnt be too long now!

image1.JPG

image2.JPG

image3.JPG

image4.JPG

• Like 1