Water sloshing behind dashboard

RodMJones

After recent heavy rain, I hear water (several liters by the sound of it) sloshing around, somewhere behind the dashboard. It's been like this for several weeks without improvement, and my local dealer couldn't locate the source. There was never any visible signs of water inside the car or engine compartment.

Any thoughts anyone?

No sunroof... I'm not sure where the drainage channels on the sills are, but would this explain the sloshing noises apparently from behind the dashboard?

Not really but I'm just clutching at straws as it's odd to say the least,

Had a car with a strange noise behind dash, and turned out to be a loose section of wiring loom rubbing on back of glove box. That sounded more like water sloshing than a rattle.

Is it in the bit that houses the wiper arms etc, usually the drains get blocked with leaves and stuff and the area fills up with water, not sure what scoobs are set up like as I've not really looked at mine, but it's quite common in other makes

• 5 years later...
1 hour ago, SarahJH said:

Dripping sound by driver’s side windshield! Driving me crazy!

Is it wet inside the car?

If not I would look for blocked drain holes in scuttle tray under wiper mechanism

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I hear water gurgling when driving in rain from passenger side dashboard but now think it water being said trap near door seal.

Never had it with I had a passenger in, so unsure exactly where the noise coming from.

It changes pitch when I increase speed.

(Unsure if it's relaited to your issue and no fix but never checked for drain channels and plastic cover in corner (outside) between engine bonnet and windscreen was not clipped properly before issue started - XV 2018)

• 4 months later...

Sloshing is almost always caused by air in the cooling system, which allows the coolant to drain out of the heater core inside the dashboard when the engine is off. ... Obviously, air getting in means coolant is getting out, meaning you have a leak somewhere in the hoses, the radiator, water pump or engine tomzpot mobdro