Hi all!

Subaru noob here...

Brought myself a 09 Subaru Impreza WRX STi 330s, picked it up last Saturday!
I haven't stopped grinning since I picked it up (unusual for me as I'm usually miserable)

I'm just astounded by the performance! Acceleration is just insane...
Then again I'm not surprised, the only other car I ever owned to this point was a 1.2 Fiesta zetec...

Here it is:

5EF1AC27-81CA-4E1D-BE6A-2B4F5C791630_zps

7CCB0C91-AED1-4207-A6E9-67E7DCD6CE64_zps

E9E5630A-2074-449C-ADD6-AF7AD0FF3681_zps

009904FE-29E9-412F-9631-EE7732FAD27D_zps

E9EA8C20-07A2-4C00-97D9-EB82B3B511C3_zps

I look forward to speaking and maybe meeting some of you guys at some point...

• Like 2

Wotcha and welcome - do love a hatch me :wub: - I had better take this one off my watch list, was only looking at it online Thursday evening with the missus - that is quite the change in motor - not just from the power but I think you will find the handling different also :biggrin:

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, GeoffLeggy said:

Hi and welcome.

Haha what a jump up in car!!  Did your insurance go up by any chance :ohmy:

Very nice example, like the wheel colour combo especially.  Did you specifically go after a hatch?  I see the Hawkeye in the background looks tasty too!

Oh yes... Had the fiesta a few years and just really got bored of it, I thought no point messing around I'll just go big for my next car...

insurance really wasn't so bad, £1331 for 12 months... It was more than double what the fiesta was.

A Subaru was quite a spontaneous decision, for months I had been looking at Mercedes AMG A45s or the A250, but a few weeks ago it finally sunk in that, I really could not afford it... 

Then I saw a Subaru in Birmingham and just thought ooo I want some of that! Then the next few weekends I traveled around looking at a few, soon as I saw this 1 I knew it was the 1 for me...

mmm, that RB320 was a bit cheaper than what I got and it is absolutely immaculate... but I do have a thing for hatchbacks, not sure why... My dad wanted me to have that instead... It's probably the best car they have for sale right now, it's a toss up between that and the FQ300 they have next to it...

43 minutes ago, Jay762 said:

Wotcha and welcome - do love a hatch me :wub: - I had better take this one off my watch list, was only looking at it online Thursday evening with the missus - that is quite the change in motor - not just from the power but I think you will find the handling different also :biggrin:

I saw that it was still on eBay and auto trader yesterday... Wonder how many calls and enquirers they have taken about it since?

It just feels an around better car in ever way, feels safer, well built, sticks to the road like glue, such a smooth ride...

im honestly astonished how amazing it is...

oh and if you have the 330s from Barry, Wales, from Howe Motors, I'd take it off... Well well overpriced for what condition it's in...

On 30/01/2016 at 9:55 AM, Madjonny said:

oh and if you have the 330s from Barry, Wales, from Howe Motors, I'd take it off... Well well overpriced for what condition it's in...

The eBay add has now been ended

I hadnt but thanks for the tip - ill watch out for that one

No, and when I emailed to say if you did the pads and discs I may be interested, they emailed back saying deposit had been taken... 

Personally I just think they didn't want to do the work...

but nvm, the 1 I brought was a much better buy... Even though it was a tad more expensive...

----------------------------------------------

Although I'm having to have the discs and pads done on mine now, they were squealing really bad...

they changed the pads then, said the discs were warped on the front...FOC of course so can't complain... I just want my car back!

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, salsa-king said:

hello and welcome to the  330s club :)

you now need a clear rear fog light and then some smoked.. or red overlays ;)

Your insurance is mental at £1331... is that Fully Comp?

add that to £500 road tax ....ouch

Yes fully comp, and if you think £1331 was steep, you would have had a heart attack looking and the next few quotes I had!

Good idea... I'm thinking smoked, would look real nice with the grey paint and grey wheels!

how long have you had yours? 

Had any issues I should look out for?

On 2/11/2016 at 10:37 AM, Madjonny said:

Yes fully comp, and if you think £1331 was steep, you would have had a heart attack looking and the next few quotes I had!

Good idea... I'm thinking smoked, would look real nice with the grey paint and grey wheels!

Touch wood no problems with mine :)

Got mine at the end of Jan 2011... it was 2yrs old virtually to to day it was first registered.

So 5yrs now.

all is good.

I've one set of Smoked overlays left.. until get get the next order from the US in the next week or so.

• Like 1

Touch wood no problems with mine :)

Got mine at the end of Jan 2011... it was 2yrs old virtually to to day it was first registered.

So 5yrs now.

all is good.

I've one set of Smoked overlays left.. until get get the next order from the US in the next week or so.

How much 😊

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk